Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: NBA Offseason

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: NBA Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    100%. Kawhi is an MVP caliber person, if he's healthy. But you don't give up Derozan + (prolly OG or Siakem, plus picks) for 1yr. 2019-20 is gonna suck, no player will trust Toronto either. Sounds like at a Summer league game last week the Raptors told Derozan he wasn't being traded. Now he is, after signing with a team to play with his friend....

As cool as it is to get Kawhi, I think this is a bad move.
    No one appears to be happy about this, at least from a players perspective. DeRozan is pissed because he signed long-term to stay in TO and Leonard is pissed because he doesn't want to play in TO (if you believe the rumors).

Gotta love it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No one appears to be happy about this, at least from a players perspective. DeRozan is pissed because he signed long-term to stay in TO and Leonard is pissed because he doesn't want to play in TO (if you believe the rumors).

Gotta love it.
    Ya, neither player is happy about this right now. But seems like in the NBA if you are traded without saying you want a trade, they all get crazy emotional over it. Unlike other leagues who understand it's pure business. Basketball players seem to all be about "family" with the team, until they leave.

I'm all for a player leaving to get paid, I'm all for a player not taking a hometown discount, but don't B!tch about being traded, it's a business.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

DeMar+Poertl+protected 1st for Kawhi+Danny Green

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    DeMar+Poertl+protected 1st for Kawhi+Danny Green

this is official?

I feel strongly we are going to look back at this and see it as mismanagement

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    this is official?

I feel strongly we are going to look back at this and see it as mismanagement
    Official.

Some points on this trade:
    -Toronto can offer Kawhi 5yr 190mill (38mill/yr) next yr, everyone else is 4yrs 141mill (35.25mill/yr)
    -Derozan goes right back into a conference with Lebron. Will never make it to a finals
    -Toronto gets out from under a 3yr, 83mill (27.67mill/yr) deal in Derozan if Kawhi doesn't re-sign with the Raps. Quick retool could be the goal
    -JV and CJ Miles could opt out of their contracts (I can't see JV opting out tho), Raps have A TON of cap space for 2019
    -Toronto keeps Ibaka (not happy with that if he is crap again), Siakem, OG, and only lose 1 draft pick. Poertl is a tough loss, but he seems like a guy who teams want, but won't pay for. So no real big loss for me. He's good, but nothing special.

Dobber Sports Deity

I still hate trading away Demar + for basically one year of Leonard and a meh player in Danny Green. He's openly said he wants to be in LA to play with the Lakers and I fully expect him to be a one-and-done in TO and will sign there next year. Sure, it opens lots of cap space but they already had that space filled with an excellent All-Star in Demar DeRozan. Not only did they ship out Demar but they had to give up a 1st round pick (albeit protected and hopefully a late one) and a former 9th overall pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I still hate trading away Demar + for basically one year of Leonard and a meh player in Danny Green. He's openly said he wants to be in LA to play with the Lakers and I fully expect him to be a one-and-done in TO and will sign there next year. Sure, it opens lots of cap space but they already had that space filled with an excellent All-Star in Demar DeRozan. Not only did they ship out Demar but they had to give up a 1st round pick (albeit protected and hopefully a late one) and a former 9th overall pick.
    1st round pick is protected where if it's not s 21-30th picj this yr, it turns into 2 future 2nds.

I do think Leonard is gone after a yr

I'm guessing the thinking was they weren't winning with Lowry+Derozan, shopped both, got less offers for Lowry and traded Derozan. It's a "we go for it this yr, give up limited youth, MAYBBBBEEE sell Toronto for Leonard, then do a reset of the team for 2019-2020 season".

It's an alright deal. I'd call it 50/50 deal if Leonard is fully healthy.