Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

The internet is a magical place. Where opinions fly and recourse is few and far between. It's still a community, and places like twitter and Reddit harbor that. Places like this forum create a niche for the uber passionate. Seeing opinions on here for the last few years has been great for me personally. It's a space where knowledgeable minds and rookies meet. I've seen users that always come with great insight get bumped up to actual writing positions that they deserve and fills a market that is there. There's always gonna be drama, it's the Internet. But to have a connected community that serves a niche like fantasy hockey I hope stays pure. Maybe it's my nievity. I just hope this place doesn't get lost in the trolls or burner accounts. I never frequented the hfboards but I hear the rumors. It's places like this that passionate fans knowledgeable or not come together and I hope it stays that way. Whoever comes to this site and decides to participate has one thing in common and it shouldn't be forgotten. And that's hockey. Or baseball and football for some reason
    i still don't understand why. I don't know what spurred this rant other than knowing a place where like minded people should coexist without fear of bullying or looking like an idiot is a need not a want. Twitter fills its role. Reddit, Facebook, etc. I just want a place to feel it's ok nerding out to some fantasy hockey. I hope this place continues to be that.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    The internet is a magical place. Where opinions fly and recourse is few and far between. It's still a community, and places like twitter and Reddit harbor that. Places like this forum create a niche for the uber passionate. Seeing opinions on here for the last few years has been great for me personally. It's a space where knowledgeable minds and rookies meet. I've seen users that always come with great insight get bumped up to actual writing positions that they deserve and fills a market that is there. There's always gonna be drama, it's the Internet. But to have a connected community that serves a niche like fantasy hockey I hope stays pure. Maybe it's my nievity. I just hope this place doesn't get lost in the trolls or burner accounts. I never frequented the hfboards but I hear the rumors. It's places like this that passionate fans knowledgeable or not come together and I hope it stays that way. Whoever comes to this site and decides to participate has one thing in common and it shouldn't be forgotten. And that's hockey. Or baseball and football for some reason
    i still don't understand why. I don't know what spurred this rant other than knowing a place where like minded people should coexist without fear of bullying or looking like an idiot is a need not a want. Twitter fills its role. Reddit, Facebook, etc. I just want a place to feel it's ok nerding out to some fantasy hockey. I hope this place continues to be that.
    This is why I joined here.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Posts like this give me paws.... err, pause?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Posts like this give me paws.... err, pause?
    ^ I see what you did there. Punny.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Personally, that guy is absolutely bigev. The dude was a homer til death. And this HL guy, likely ev incarnate.

I've lurked for long time round these parts, but I wanted to say that sometimes the hype-train runs out of control, and I always respect differing opinions and cynicism. The balance is what keeps us sane.

Being rude is what it is, but we are adults and we can likely handle it. Getting baited is no excuse, as you can only control your own actions. Try to control someone else, and you're outta control.

These forums are some of the best the interwebZ has to offer, in terms of why we are all here and the content we consume.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall19 View Post
    Personally, that guy is absolutely bigev. The dude was a homer til death. And this HL guy, likely ev incarnate.

I've lurked for long time round these parts, but I wanted to say that sometimes the hype-train runs out of control, and I always respect differing opinions and cynicism. The balance is what keeps us sane.

Being rude is what it is, but we are adults and we can likely handle it. Getting baited is no excuse, as you can only control your own actions. Try to control someone else, and you're outta control.

These forums are some of the best the interwebZ has to offer, in terms of why we are all here and the content we consume.
    Your post is really good, other that big ev reincarnated

The Great One

Thanks to Yost, twitter and HFBoards may be onto Big_Ev now, but we can all take pride in knowing that we knew him before he was famous.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree that Ev was/is a valuable source for Sens info. More unknown prospects, scouting tendencies etc. The only issue is that he is such a superfan, that everything Senator related was, in his eyes superlative and beyond critique, until that Senator related topic was no longer Senator related. The best example is how he completely slammed Bobby Ryan at every opportunity while Ryan was a duck (and actually productive), until Ryan went to Ottawa. At that point, despite Ryan turned it garbage, Ev?s opinion of him and eternal optimism reversed. Or Ev?s opinion that prospects from the Q were all overrated due to a higher scoring league, until the Sens starting drafting players from the Q. That brought another 180 in his opinion.

Anyhow, that?s more annoying than harmful.

Ev is a superfan, but I doubt he?s an employee because he was in his late teens or early 20s when he joined here. At least he claimed that.

To be that level of superfan, clearly compulsion for something someone feels passionate about would be par for the course in someone?s DNA, hence the multiple accounts/bans.

On one hand, I feel he should be reinstated, particularly if we?re going to tolerate aliases. On the other hand, his offences were ban worthy, so it?s hard to justify him being allowed back, especially if some of the behaviour is 100% in contradiction to what we?d expect from any member who should respect forum rules.

Dobber Sports Genius

Guys, the Fluff Cup doesn't start for another few weeks. So much fluff around here lately, especially in these Sens threads. It's not even July 1 yet.

Where's my comb......
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Guys, the Fluff Cup doesn't start for another few weeks. So much fluff around here lately, especially in these Sens threads. It's not even July 1 yet.

Where's my comb......
    C'mon now, this is the most interesting few weeks in Sens nation since the Hamburlar's rookie win streak. Might as well talk about them while they're interesting, right?

Also, have you ever had a peanut butter and fluffy whip sandwich on a summer day? That fluff is just what the summers all about.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by HurtLocker View Post
    It?s good to know there are fellow Ottawa fans here.
    I just needed to see this along with his next 2 or 3 posts to realized who it was. Think I concluded at the end of Page 2 of this thread. Classic sullen undertone.

I miss Ev too... in a very weird, unnerving and sarcastic sort of way.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    I agree that Ev was/is a valuable source for Sens info. More unknown prospects, scouting tendencies etc. The only issue is that he is such a superfan, that everything Senator related was, in his eyes superlative and beyond critique, until that Senator related topic was no longer Senator related. The best example is how he completely slammed Bobby Ryan at every opportunity while Ryan was a duck (and actually productive), until Ryan went to Ottawa. At that point, despite Ryan turned it garbage, Ev?s opinion of him and eternal optimism reversed. Or Ev?s opinion that prospects from the Q were all overrated due to a higher scoring league, until the Sens starting drafting players from the Q. That brought another 180 in his opinion.

Anyhow, that?s more annoying than harmful.

Ev is a superfan, but I doubt he?s an employee because he was in his late teens or early 20s when he joined here. At least he claimed that.

To be that level of superfan, clearly compulsion for something someone feels passionate about would be par for the course in someone?s DNA, hence the multiple accounts/bans.

On one hand, I feel he should be reinstated, particularly if we?re going to tolerate aliases. On the other hand, his offences were ban worthy, so it?s hard to justify him being allowed back, especially if some of the behaviour is 100% in contradiction to what we?d expect from any member who should respect forum rules.
    #ReinstateBigEv

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    I just needed to see this along with his next 2 or 3 posts to realized who it was. Think I concluded at the end of Page 2 of this thread. Classic sullen undertone.

I miss Ev too... in a very weird, unnerving and sarcastic sort of way.
    Thank you. I miss you being part of the California hockey scene!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    translation "Let me back in"
    BigEv brings more to these forums in a day than you since you moved here in May 2015