Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Banned

Default Re: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    the more you post, the more you seem like an Ev clone
    Thank you. Ev is a legend.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hurtlocker View Post
    thank you. Ev is a legend.
    shoelace!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

shoelace!
    Shoe?

Dobber Sports Pro

personally i think Big Ev should just be allowed to come back under Big Ev. There are a few members on here who seem more disrespectful than he was and he's clearly good for conversation. Let's get some more ad dollars for the Dobber

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

There is nothing productive coming from this thread.

It is more about a banned member and has turned into a debate if he was a good guy or not.

It is long de-railed and will be closed. Any questions please PM me.

I...am your father.

the more you post, the more you seem like an Ev clone
    I'm kind of wondering that too. You're too new to be this passionate about a guy who was on here for 8 years and 17,000 posts who I know very well in terms of his online persona as well as the veteran members on here, but you couldn't possibly know.

There is no bashing of Ev in this thread. Just speaking the facts. The guy was very passionate, he had a temper, and sometimes crossed the line. He had 17,000 posts. 10,000 of them were very helpful, 5000 of them were friendly conversation, 2000 of them were downright rude. He attacked people, insulted them - even newcomers, and couldn't control his language. Was he baited? Yep, probably 1000 of those 2000 rude posts were baited out of him by members. But that doesn't excuse what he did, nor his 1000 other "un"baited posts. I'm sure in person he's a nice man, but anonymous online guy is very venomous and rude.

We've banned about 7 or 8 people from here - some several times using different accounts. Ev had the most chances of any of them - and he had the most complaints sent to me by the most members. He sent more readers away, never to come back, than he helped.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, that is so Evan.

Confrontational, knowledgeable almost only about the Sens, highly defensive of the management even when their choices are ass-backwards, and ready to turn his back on any player that might be moving on from the organization even if he was pumping their tires only weeks before.

I don’t recall him ever being bullied on here, baited? Sure, but not bullied, and he was certainly banned with good reason for being hyper aggressive to other members at times and he was given A LOT of leeway. Trying to reason with him was most often like banging your head against the wall.

Good for him on getting his 15 mins of fame as some kind of “mystery” insider.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by HurtLocker View Post
    Thank you. Ev is a legend.
    Mike Tyson is a legend as well... but what is he better remembered for?

his insane power & one punch knock outs?

or biting of Holyfield's ear?

Administrator

Hangov.... oh right

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

his insane power & one punch knock outs?

or biting of Holyfield's ear?
    Well-- definitely his power and knock outs, for anyone who knows anything about boxing or has interest in the sport. He was one of the greatest ever.

But, I don't disagree with the point you're making!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Well-- definitely his power and knock outs, for anyone who knows anything about boxing or has interest in the sport. He was one of the greatest ever.

But, I don't disagree with the point you're making!
    right... but can you recall a specific knock out? or does the rape trial, Bowe & the bite soak up all the room for details?

Dobber Sports Pro

right... but can you recall a specific knock out? or does the rape trial, Bowe & the bite soak up all the room for details?
    I know somebody else made this as a joke but in all honesty my predominant memory of him is The Hangover hahaha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm kind of wondering that too. You're too new to be this passionate about a guy who was on here for 8 years and 17,000 posts who I know very well in terms of his online persona as well as the veteran members on here, but you couldn't possibly know.

There is no bashing of Ev in this thread. Just speaking the facts. The guy was very passionate, he had a temper, and sometimes crossed the line. He had 17,000 posts. 10,000 of them were very helpful, 5000 of them were friendly conversation, 2000 of them were downright rude. He attacked people, insulted them - even newcomers, and couldn't control his language. Was he baited? Yep, probably 1000 of those 2000 rude posts were baited out of him by members. But that doesn't excuse what he did, nor his 1000 other "un"baited posts. I'm sure in person he's a nice man, but anonymous online guy is very venomous and rude.

We've banned about 7 or 8 people from here - some several times using different accounts. Ev had the most chances of any of them - and he had the most complaints sent to me by the most members. He sent more readers away, never to come back, than he helped.
    #ReinstateBigEv

Dobber Sports Padawan

2018 the year of the burner accounts

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by HurtLocker View Post
    #ReinstateBigEv
    translation "Let me back in"