Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

What the heck is in the water in Ottawa?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree... he is a past member and lets leave it at that.

But in reponse to the 'picking on' Ev... he definitely brought that on himself. I remember when I was still a rookie here and posted something and he attacked me point-blank and used rude and demeaning language... I was definitely hurt by this..

As a hockey player, we are taught that when a player gives you a cheap shot or dirty hit, not to get up and slash him or you take a penalty.... instead you take the guy's number and look for a chance to get back.... so possibly when it was 100 vs 1 it was 100 guys taking a number and found a time to get back at him.

I was not here for very long before he was banned, so I do not fully recall these 100 v 1 battles or what started them... but yes, there was probably some that were just egging him on... but there was probably a fair chunk that had took a number and saw a chance at getting back at him.... I know I wanted to get back at him after he made me feel...never got the chance...
    So long time members and administration choose to bash a guy when he’s gone and think that behaviour is okay. What happened to taking the high road rather than mob like bullying someone because the masses feel it’s “deserved”

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HurtLocker View Post
    So long time members and administration choose to bash a guy when he’s gone and think that behaviour is okay. What happened to taking the high road rather than mob like bullying someone because the masses feel it’s “deserved”
    I am not sure if you meant to quote my post or another one. I was largely referring to the the actions of Big Ev and those against Big Ev when he was around...

When you play hockey and a guy slashes you... what do you do??

Administrator

But on twitter, can you ask... Player A or Player B and get as good of response as you can here? ?
    I've been part of many such discussions on Twitter with great results.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    What the heck is in the water in Ottawa?
    That's what I was wondering.... Someone should tell them that Ontario based NHL dysfunction and drama is the Leafs' responsibility.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    That's what I was wondering.... Someone should tell them that Ontario based NHL dysfunction and drama is the Leafs' responsibility.
    Not since Burke and Hazel May. We're drama free nowadays
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

I am not sure if you meant to quote my post or another one. I was largely referring to the the actions of Big Ev and those against Big Ev when he was around...

When you play hockey and a guy slashes you... what do you do??
    Classy. You tell us the answer.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Do I need to post links to articles about feuds between Babcock and Matthews?

(I know Sens fans might not be happy if I turn this into a Leafs thread, but that is the natural order of the hockey universe)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    oh? seems there was some drama not too long ago re: Matthews and his coach? maybe not as hard core in your face dramatic as what's happening in Ottawa..but hardly drama free.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Do I need to post links to articles about feuds between Babcock and Matthews?

(I know Sens fans might not be happy if I turn this into a Leafs thread, but that is the natural order of the hockey universe)

feud' that seems like an overstatement. if you do... please post the one about Babcock visiting him and that everything is good in Leaf land.

Dobber Sports Jedi

not to mention, there's a difference between - on ice issue vs. cyberbullying feud that will lead to trading a franchise player, questions on sexual conduct of a Asst. GM & petitions to sell the team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I doubt this is Big Ev. The Evan on our forums loved Karlsson... he would've been too blind to acknowledge that EK had a bad season this year. Isn't that right reggie?

The Great One

Reggie making headline. Atta boy. You finally did it!!!

Big Iron Reggie!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    oh? seems there was some drama not too long ago re: Matthews and his coach? maybe not as hard core in your face dramatic as what's happening in Ottawa..but hardly drama free.
    that's hockey. you want your players to be passionate and want to be on the ice. They sorted that out behind closed doors. That type of stuff happens with every team. Gotta remember he's still only 20, 2nd year in the NHL. His ice time/responsibility will go up in due time. I think everyone will see pretty early on in training camp there are no lingering issues

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I doubt this is Big Ev. The Evan on our forums loved Karlsson... he would've been too blind to acknowledge that EK had a bad season this year. Isn't that right reggie?
    Blayze. You forget bud. Karlsson is on his way out now. That means as of now he's nothing more than a #5 on a lottery team.

The twitter account is clearly Ev.

The only 2 things up for debate are 1) Whether he is just a super fan or actually a team employee (it was never really clear) 2) Is the "HurtLocker" also Ev, based on his responses in this thread.