Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Banned

Default Re: A "strange" Ottawa twitter account (not the hoffman/karlsson stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    they happen on every public forum, luckily they are few and far between for the most part here.
    Has a bullying element to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    The best part about all this is we know that this is Big Ev and we know that ReggieBarnes is Big Ev. The funny part is, poor old ReggieBarnes is adamant that he isn’t Big Ev, so when ReggieBarnes tries to gloat about getting 15 minutes of fame, he can be banned for the sixth time.
    Like this post above. Strange. Bullying a specific user.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by HurtLocker View Post
    Has a bullying element to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this post above. Strange. Bullying a specific user.
    agreed. He's normally providing very valuable succinct advice to everyone here. I think it has more to do with the history with Ev than anything else. There's 17 000 Big Ev posts that seem to have polarized the entire forum. I arrived in time for the last 1 000
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great find! That is awesome!

And I agree with the knowledge, it's there. I just wish he wouldn't constantly stick to his guns even when it's pretty clear others are right. It's not the way to facilitate a healthy discussion. Just makes it too hard/annoying to be worth engaging. A little concession goes a long way.

I...am your father.

Zero question it's Big Ev

We don't know Reggie Barnes is Big Ev though, Notch. He's proven to be Iron Shiek, can't prove others as far as I know
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wondered about that too. I came here to get away from the power trips at HF Boards.
    Welcome to the great community. Truly is a way better place the HFBoards or any other hockey forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Welcome to the great community. Truly is a way better place the HFBoards or any other hockey forum.
    Twitter is better than all forums. HF is decent.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Twitter is better than all forums. HF is decent.
    not sure Twitter provides as comprehensive fantasy hockey advice as dobber though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Zero question it's Big Ev

We don't know Reggie Barnes is Big Ev though, Notch. He's proven to be Iron Shiek, can't prove others as far as I know
    Lol

Banned

not sure Twitter provides as comprehensive fantasy hockey advice as dobber though
    Following the right people and the links they provide is much more comprehensive

Dobber Sports Titan

To be fair the admin is bashing a banned forum member, not a current member in this instance.

I had some good debates with Big Ev, and I feel like people stirred him up on purpose here and he got "dragged" into it, but he definitely liked the arguing. So when there was 100 people arguing against him, he would get frustrated and angry.

I had plenty of arguments with BigEv, but some members were pretty blatant at trying to rev him up. Oh well, this seems like a bit bullying-ish. Guy was picked on (even if he was wrong, 100 vs 1 is picked on in this situation), and this seems a bit like "Hahaha, look what he's doing now, lets post it in a spot he can't defend himself".

I'm going to let the Big Ev stuff die, and I think we should all do the same. He's a past member and lets leave it there.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair the admin is bashing a banned forum member, not a current member in this instance.

I had some good debates with Big Ev, and I feel like people stirred him up on purpose here and he got "dragged" into it, but he definitely liked the arguing. So when there was 100 people arguing against him, he would get frustrated and angry.

I had plenty of arguments with BigEv, but some members were pretty blatant at trying to rev him up. Oh well, this seems like a bit bullying-ish. Guy was picked on (even if he was wrong, 100 vs 1 is picked on in this situation), and this seems a bit like "Hahaha, look what he's doing now, lets post it in a spot he can't defend himself".

I'm going to let the Big Ev stuff die, and I think we should all do the same. He's a past member and lets leave it there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Following the right people and the links they provide is much more comprehensive
    But on twitter, can you ask... Player A or Player B and get as good of response as you can here? ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not sure why you are here then? You seem to be dismissive and negative about everything that is offered

Banned

I'm not sure why you are here then? You seem to be dismissive and negative about everything that is offered
    It’s good to have various sources of information. My opinion is Twitter is the best for up to date information from the experts. This place is a discussion place for non-experts but one is likely to get some decent insight here at times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    But on twitter, can you ask... Player A or Player B and get as good of response as you can here? ?
    Yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I agree... he is a past member and lets leave it at that.

But in reponse to the 'picking on' Ev... he definitely brought that on himself. I remember when I was still a rookie here and posted something and he attacked me point-blank and used rude and demeaning language... I was definitely hurt by this..

As a hockey player, we are taught that when a player gives you a cheap shot or dirty hit, not to get up and slash him or you take a penalty.... instead you take the guy's number and look for a chance to get back.... so possibly when it was 100 vs 1 it was 100 guys taking a number and found a time to get back at him.

I was not here for very long before he was banned, so I do not fully recall these 100 v 1 battles or what started them... but yes, there was probably some that were just egging him on... but there was probably a fair chunk that had took a number and saw a chance at getting back at him.... I know I wanted to get back at him after he made me feel...never got the chance...