Thread: Advice on next move

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Advice on next move

Recently traded a.johnnson and z.senyshn for s.varlamov. I've got the first overall in the draft lottery, so probably picking in the top 4 (hoping to get Svechnikov Zadina. Which pieces should I move to upgrade my D?
    12 Team Keeper League, PTs Only

Skaters (12): B.Boeser, M.Domi, PLD, M.Hoffman, E.Kane, T.Konecny, D.Larkin, B.Point, M.Stone, A.Svechnikov, M.Tkachuk, M.Zibanejad
    Defense (3): Q.Hughes, S.Theodore, K.Yandle
    Goalies (2): R.Lehner, P.Mrazek
    Bench:
    (S) E.Bemstrom, H.Borgstrom, M.Comtois, J.Dahlen, T.Dellandrea, M.Geekie, K.Hayes, B.Howden, I.Kovalchuk, L.Kunin, J.Kyrou, K.Marchenko, N.Patrick, P.Puistola, N.Roy, E.Svechnikov, K.Vesalainen, T.Wilson
    (D) A.Ekblad, M.Giordano, T.Liljegren, R.Merkley, R.Pulock, J.Trouba
    (G) M.Blackwood, P.Francouz, P.Grubauer, F.Gustavsson, J.Johansson, C.Petersen, L.Ullmark, S.Varlamov

2020 Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Advice on next move

I'd be shopping E.Kane. I'm not sure he continues playing well with all that money in his pocket.

Dobber Sports Jedi

so first overall in the actual draft? or top odds for 1st overall in the draft? If you land 1st overall - just draft Dahlin - upgraded your D instantly
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

I think he's going from making 6m to 7m per year..maybe the lengthy contract gets in his head?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by snowcor View Post
    I think he's going from making 6m to 7m per year..maybe the lengthy contract gets in his head?
    During contract years, Kane has 59 goals and 111 points in 132 games (37 goals and 69 points per 82 games). Otherwise he's been a 45-point player. With $49M guaranteed now, it doesn't matter what he does. Even if he gets demoted to the AHL and gets bought out, he's getting more than 2/3 of that. This happens all the time. It doesn't happen to everyone but Kane seems to be one of those players who is very likely to suffer from big contract hangover.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by snowcor View Post
    It's the fact that he just got paid that means he doesn't have to worry about things like hockey so much.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

maybe he cares more now that he finally got a taste of the playoffs. Until SJ, he hadn't been on a team that caring mattered
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    maybe he cares more now that he finally got a taste of the playoffs. Until SJ, he hadn't been on a team that caring mattered
    That's a very valid & insightful point. Still leaning towards " he just got paid, so beware." but it makes sense that he may have needed a better situation to care.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.