Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Kuznetsov a top 10 forward now? (pts)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Is Kuznetsov a top 10 forward now? (pts)

In 1 year points leagues is Evgeny Kuznetsov now a sure fire top 10 forward? Kuznetsov finished the regular season with 83 points but followed that up with an even stronger play-offs by compiling 32 points in 24 games. I know players in the past have had superb play-offs but couldn't follow that success in the following regular season (Logan Couture) but is Kuznetsov part of the exception here?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Is Kuznetsov a top 10 forward now? (pts)

I can see him finishing in the top 10 in scoring, but in drafts - I don't see him going top 10. he's someone I would peg for a mid-2nd round pick thinking/hoping he falls - ala Gaudreau
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Can absolutely be in the top 10 for point output this upcoming year. I think he has supplanted Backs for 2nd best forward on the Caps and will hold that with all the opportunity in the world to deliver another great season. He should not be drafted in the top 10 however. With other big names and hype, Kuzy falls to second round. Which is a great place to snag him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Kuzy is actually pretty far away from top 10 IMO. I would rank next year only my points only players as follows:

1. McDavid

2. Crosby
    3. Kucherov

4. Mackinnon
    5. Hall
    6. Giroux
    7. Malkin
    8. Stamkos
    9. Marchand
    10. Kane

Then after this point there is a ton of guys. Kopitor, Kessel, Wheeler, Ovi, Scheifele, Tavares, Seguin, Guadreau. So basically if I am drafting him in a new league I am not reaching for him if there are any of these names still available. You could even throw guys like Matthews, Eichel, Benn, Barkov, Ranataen, Voracek, Barzal, Backstrom into the mix. Point being hes firmly in a mix of a ton of players hovering around a PPG that are almost interchangeable in a points only. In fact my top ten outside of the first 5 names there all interchangeable with the next wave of guys.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can totally see Kuznetsov reaching the top 10 in points next year, but as a previous poster said, so could a ton of guys. Who would be surprised all that much to see Tavares score 100 pts? Or Gaudreau? Or Kuznetsov. I wouldn't. It's all very real possibilities. Kuznetsov definitely has the talent, the teammates and team culture to do it.

This makes me think: has anyone ever done the study on how much going all the way to the Stanley Cup finals affect the team's top players production the year after? I always assumed that a cup run was hard on players and made it harder for them to produce as much the following year, but that may be total BS. I just don't know the science! Would be an interesting read for sure.
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

The Magnificent One

If you combine the playoffs and last quarter of the season, he had 60 points in 44 games. Let that soak in for a minute. No doubt he has arrived and should be a lock for top 10 in scoring. In truth all he really needed was a spot on the Washington PP1, and now that he got that and succeeded, he's got 90+ points per season written all over him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would not be surprised is Kuz outscores players like Kane this year. Not unreasonable he finishes top 10, although I'd rather hedge my bet and say top 15 :P. I probably wouldn't draft him first round.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yah I guess where do you draw the line? Your up with your pools 12th pick in a yearly league and you have Kuzy sitting along with Kopitor, Scheifele, Seguin, Eichel, Barkov and Backstrom. Do you reach and snap him or do you hope he falls to the late 2nd early 3rd round? There is IMO so many players in and around that PPG mark after the big guns.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd be tempted to take Seguin or Scheifele given those options

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Kuzy is actually pretty far away from top 10 IMO. I would rank next year only my points only players as follows:

1. McDavid

2. Crosby
    3. Kucherov

4. Mackinnon
    5. Hall
    6. Giroux
    7. Malkin
    8. Stamkos
    9. Marchand
    10. Kane
    I'd move Malkin up to possibly 4 here. I don't see why Kuz. could not run these horses over a full season.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Legend

Kuznetsov is anywhere in the Top 10-20, IMO. He runs hot vs. cold - too inconsistent and too much high-end talent to cement a place in the Top 10 for sure. Kuzzy is one of those cats who can end up anywhere between 69-89 points any given year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

he finished 19th in scoring this year, his career high - 83pts. I don't have him in my top 10 forwards and would probably slide him below some of the kids that finished below him in scoring - Matthews, Barkov, Eichel, Gaudeau, Seguin, Draisaitl.... arguments can easily be made for and against, but with Kane above him in the list previously provided it should be noted he also had less points. In a dynasty, I'm taking 5/6 of the players I listed ahead of Kuzy as well as Barzal & Rantanen. He's probably borderline top 20 for me, if not outside it
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

there is always surprises and Kuznetsov could be one of them to eclipse 90+ points and it puts him in top 10 scoring. but i'd not call it a surprise.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I'd move Malkin up to possibly 4 here. I don't see why Kuz. could not run these horses over a full season.
    I Dont see Kane in the top 10 but more in between 15-20.

Dobber Sports Monster

Counting play-offs, Kuznetsov has 58 pts in his last 42 games played. Some of the plays he was making last night were magical. Really hope to see him hit 100 this season. I had the chance at picking Matthews first round in my 1 year pts league, gun to my head I took Giroux, 2nd round I took Kuznetsov. Matthews - Kuz combo would have been awesome