Thread: Did I make a good trade?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Did I make a good trade?

Hi guys. In my full keeper pool, I traded my 12th overall pick in the 2018 prospect draft for Josh Ho-Sang. I was thinking outside of the box with the hopes of Lamoriello having a positive influence on JHS. I saw what happened with Kadri before he arrived and I am hoping that LL has the same effect on Ho Sang. In this pool, Goals are worth 3 points, assists 2 points, pp points 1, plus minus 1, shots on goal .1..hits .1 and blocks .1. Thanks for your valuable input guys.

The Great One

Default Re: Did I make a good trade?

JHS is feast or famine - he either somehow lands on a scoring line and does great, or he languishes on a lower line or in the minors. He could also be trade bait if the Isles go all in, such as by signing Kovalchuk. One key is he's a "name" so even if he doesn't do great this year or next you still might be able to trade him away and get value due to his name recognition.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Kadri was a 50pt player before Lou arrived. I put a lot more weight in Babcock's influence on Kadri than Lou (who probably said 'hi' to Kadri once a week or two. It seems though almost every Islander prospect takes 2 years longer to make an impact than any other team - and it's not a depth thing. I would love to be a fly on the wall when LL sits down to chat with Ho Sang and try to figure him out.

In this instance I think if HS makes it this deal will be a wash, you traded risk (unkown future) for a different kind of risk (Ho-Sang, headcase??), personally I would have kept the pick, but that's me, I've avoided Ho-Sang in every pool and removed him from any trade offer I've received - insert some level of bias here.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

Considering it?s a prospect draft and it?s not even a top 10 pick that you traded away, I really like this move for you. I would have made the trade as well.