Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blackhawks goalie Nalimov request trade

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Blackhawks goalie Nalimov request trade

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So you think Nalimov is as good as Hart? That's a bold statement.
    Now there's a twist of words. It was a comparison of crowded creases. Philly arguably the crowded of all. He's the new kid on the block facing all these guys with significantly pro experience. yet he's going to drop his head, dig in and EARN his spot. There's no mention in my post whatsoever on talent level - but you can't ignore the similarity between organizations with crowded creases.

Nalimov needs to show up at camp, dominate - take a job from someone else. That's how it's done. Don't just look at names on paper and wave a white flag. It would not be the first time a job was taken from someone else who was just signed.

You can look at it in reverse as well. Pickard was brought in expected to take the starting job from Sparks - Sparks put his head down threw up a couple 'you're number one's' and kept the starting gig in the AHL.

Does Nalimov think he's the worst goalie in the Hawks system?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Philly's depth chart won't be difficult to climb. They don't have an established #1 and Hart is a super-prospect.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Now there's a twist of words. It was a comparison of crowded creases. Philly arguably the crowded of all. He's the new kid on the block facing all these guys with significantly pro experience. yet he's going to drop his head, dig in and EARN his spot. There's no mention in my post whatsoever on talent level - but you can't ignore the similarity between organizations with crowded creases.

Nalimov needs to show up at camp, dominate - take a job from someone else. That's how it's done. Don't just look at names on paper and wave a white flag. It would not be the first time a job was taken from someone else who was just signed.

You can look at it in reverse as well. Pickard was brought in expected to take the starting job from Sparks - Sparks put his head down threw up a couple 'you're number one's' and kept the starting gig in the AHL.

Does Nalimov think he's the worst goalie in the Hawks system?
    It's funny how North Americans seem to think people just want to abandon their families and friends and move across the Atlantic. No, they don't want to do that. They're willing to do it when the right opportunity presents itself. That's just so twisted to think otherwise. Would you be happy to move to Russia for less money and less opportunity just so that you can fight two other guys for a job that's beneath you? Take a moment and think about that situation for yourself. Maybe then you'll get some perspective.

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's funny how North Americans seem to think people just want to abandon their families and friends and move across the Atlantic. No, they don't want to do that. They're willing to do it when the right opportunity presents itself. That's just so twisted to think otherwise. Would you be happy to move to Russia for less money and less opportunity just so that you can fight two other guys for a job that's beneath you? Take a moment and think about that situation for yourself. Maybe then you'll get some perspective.
    This is what he has signed up for. He's making the decision to come over and attempt to play in the NHL. Anywhere he's traded there are going to be other goalies already in the system and other prospects to battle starts for.

You're getting all twisted in knots about this. He could be looking at this as - hey, there's five goalies there, but I think I can beat them out for the AHL job & get to the NHL in a year. If he doesn't think he's that good, maybe he should just stay in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is what he has signed up for. He's making the decision to come over and attempt to play in the NHL. Anywhere he's traded there are going to be other goalies already in the system and other prospects to battle starts for.

You're getting all twisted in knots about this. He could be looking at this as - hey, there's five goalies there, but I think I can beat them out for the AHL job & get to the NHL in a year. If he doesn't think he's that good, maybe he should just stay in the KHL.
    No, he hasn't made that decision. He's decided he'll have a better opportunity with some other NHL organization. If he doesn't get that, he can stay in the KHL where he earns much more than what he'd make in the AHL.

Take the Panthers for example. He'd be their #3 goalie right away with NHL starting job available in a few years if he plays well enough. Why wouldn't he try to get somewhere like that?

Dobber Sports Jedi

A comparison of crowded creases - not talent between players. Crawford's also 33 with some health issues of late, is there any heir apparent in that system? NOPE. Forsberg? The starting job in Chi will be ripe for picking in a couple years. There's no blue chip waiting in line for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Philly's depth chart won't be difficult to climb. They don't have an established #1 and Hart is a super-prospect.
    - - - Updated - - -

No, he hasn't made that decision. He's decided he'll have a better opportunity with some other NHL organization. If he doesn't get that, he can stay in the KHL where he earns much more than what he'd make in the AHL.

Take the Panthers for example. He'd be their #3 goalie right away with NHL starting job available in a few years if he plays well enough. Why wouldn't he try to get somewhere like that?
    Crawford isn't a young buck either. There's no one anointed the next starter in Chicago, why not go there, beat them out for the job?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Crawford isn't a young buck either. There's no one anointed the next starter in Chicago, why not go there, beat them out for the job?
    Seems like you're underestimating Forsberg and Lankinen big time. Perhaps Nalimov knows his opponents better than you do.

And also because Florida (for example) has just one goalie in the AHL whereas Chicago already has 2 (or 3). Any idea how many goalies are usually on a team? I'm thinking it's 2.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Seems like you're underestimating Forsberg and Lankinen big time. Perhaps Nalimov knows his opponents better than you do.

And also because Florida (for example) has just one goalie in the AHL whereas Chicago already has 2 (or 3). Any idea how many goalies are usually on a team? I'm thinking it's 2.
    I'm sorry, did I say something that deserves such a condescending comment? Try and avoid the petty stuff.

I've never said I'm any professional scout. I have my opinions - that's what I post. That's what this forum is about.

When posts are made asking about next starting goalies or top goalie prospects Forsberg rarely, and Lankinen never gets mentioned as must owns. Philly says 3.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Goalie prospect Ivan Nalimov will wait one more season to sign with Blackhawks (theAthletic)

Goalie​ prospect Ivan Nalimov​ and​ the Blackhawks​ are​ on​ good​ terms​ again.
    Nalimov had asked​ for​ the​ Blackhawks​ to​​ trade his NHL rights, but he?s rescinded that request after a recent conversation between his agent, Shumi Babaev, and Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman about his future.
    According to Babaev, Bowman told him Nalimov was in the Blackhawks? plans, but the organization would like for him to spend another season in the KHL before coming over.
    ?I talked to Stan Bowman and it was a good conversation,? Babaev said Monday morning. ?[Bowman] has a lot of goals for his season. He think he can play in the NHL. He?ll play one more season in the KHL and come to the NHL. It was a good conversation.
    Nalimov has also signed a one-year contract with Kunlun Red Star in the KHL and is expected to be their starter.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

Nalimov has also signed a one-year contract with Kunlun Red Star in the KHL and is expected to be their starter.
    Turns out that Bowman and Nalimov's agent had a good conversation and apparently everyone is happy. Can Jouko or anyone rate Nalimov as a prospect and how he compares with the other goalies in the Hawks system?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Turns out that Bowman and Nalimov's agent had a good conversation and apparently everyone is happy. Can Jouko or anyone rate Nalimov as a prospect and how he compares with the other goalies in the Hawks system?
    Good goalie prospect with starter upside. I like him a bit more than Lankinen but only slightly. They're both good. Not really liking anyone else in their system besides those two, so I guess that puts Nalimov at the top. Lankinen needs to establish himself as a realistic option for the Blackhawks very quickly or they might turn their attention towards Nalimov next year.

Dobber Sports Sage

Good goalie prospect with starter upside. I like him a bit more than Lankinen but only slightly. They're both good. Not really liking anyone else in their system besides those two, so I guess that puts Nalimov at the top. Lankinen needs to establish himself as a realistic option for the Blackhawks very quickly or they might turn their attention towards Nalimov next year.
    Thanks. This was my ranking as well but I did not know much about any of them.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov