Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawks goalie Nalimov request trade

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Blackhawks goalie Nalimov request trade

Lost in translation maybe?? Interesting to hear him requesting a trade considering he hasnt even made it to North America yet.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...umors-nhl-2018

Chicago Blackhawks goaltender prospect Ivan Nalimov will be requesting a trade, his agent, Shumi Babaev, tells Scott Powers of The Athletic.

Babaev, who also represents Hawks Russian forward prospect Max Shalunov, cites the lack of opportunity the 23-year-old netminder has within the organization as one reason for the trade.

?They really like him, but they don?t have space,? Babaev said. ?They have five other goalies.?

The five goalies include Corey Crawford, Anton Forsberg, J-F Berube, Collin Delia and Kevin Lankinen. There have also been reports of the Hawks wanting to reacquire Scott Darling from the Carolina Hurricanes.

The Hawks have retained Nalimov?s rights passed the two-year window established by the 2013 player transfer agreement because the KHL didn?t agree to it. The agreement extends to nearly every prominent hockey federation in Europe for how the league handles draft rights. The KHL and NHL agreed to a different one that allows Russians playing in the KHL to continue playing there without their draft rights elapsing.

Nalimov and the KHL?s Ufa Salavat Yulaev mutually terminated the final year of his contract Wednesday, according to Powers.

The 6-foot-4, 209-pound goalie posted a .938 save percentage in 23 games last season with Ufa Salavat Yulaev and Vladivostok Admiral.

Chicago drafted Nalimov in the sixth round in 2014.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Blackhawks goalie Nalimov request trade

What's so weird about that? They have too many goalies already, there's no room for him. If they don't trade his rights, he can stay in the KHL. Not really sure what the problem with that is.

I really hope someone gives them a fair deal and acquires his rights. He would be the #1 goalie prospect for some teams out there, and could be an AHL starter right away.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didnt say it was a problem. I just find it interesting that a kid who has yet to play a game in the organization is demanding anything. It's not like the guys in front of him pose much of a challenge if he can come over here and prove himself, which he has yet to do.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I don't mind this at all. Guy needs to do what's best for his career.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I didnt say it was a problem. I just find it interesting that a kid who has yet to play a game in the organization is demanding anything. It's not like the guys in front of him pose much of a challenge if he can come over here and prove himself, which he has yet to do.
    I think you're underestimating Chicago's goalie prospects. It would also hurt their reputation if they gave that spot in the AHL to Nalimov when they've clearly promised Delia and Lankinen that there's a place for them. Goalies are very different from skaters in that the number of spots available is very limited. With skaters, you can have them playing up and down the lineup and see who emerges. With goalies, you have to give someone starts and only after weeks or months you'll know if they were worth it or not. No way three goalies want to be splitting starts in the AHL - especially when that third guy has the option to stay in the KHL where he's paid much more.

Dobber Sports Jedi

maybe a Darling for Nalimov swap will work.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This isn't the type of goalie I want in my system. So there are 5 other goalies in the system... I am going to ask for a trade. Rather I want to see a goalie that shrugs his shoulders and says '5 other goalies in the system, but I am better then them all' and is willing to fight to be the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This isn't the type of goalie I want in my system. So there are 5 other goalies in the system... I am going to ask for a trade. Rather I want to see a goalie that shrugs his shoulders and says '5 other goalies in the system, but I am better then them all' and is willing to fight to be the best.
    So if someone offered you less money and less opportunity to succeed than what your current job is offering and you knew that employer has made promises to the other guys in front of you, you'd be like "Yeah, that sounds great"?

For goalies, opportunity is everything. You can be the best goalie in the world but if you don't get any games, then so what? Was Fleury the best goalie in the world a year ago when he was stuck behind Murray? Did he suddenly become a different goalie when he was moved to Vegas, or was that all about getting that opportunity to be a starting goalie (again)?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Demanding or requesting? Big difference.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So if someone offered you less money and less opportunity to succeed than what your current job is offering and you knew that employer has made promises to the other guys in front of you, you'd be like "Yeah, that sounds great"?

For goalies, opportunity is everything. You can be the best goalie in the world but if you don't get any games, then so what? Was Fleury the best goalie in the world a year ago when he was stuck behind Murray? Did he suddenly become a different goalie when he was moved to Vegas, or was that all about getting that opportunity to be a starting goalie (again)?
    Murray had outplayed Fleury and legitimately taken his starting job. This wasn't a situation of MAF playing like he did in Vegas and Pitts saying, 'hey, let's give this 22yr old the starting job' MAF wasn't stopping beach balls. Murray was stopping everything. THAT's why MAF lost his starting job.

Until last Vegas - MAF has never put up ELITE goaltending numbers. He had always been a good goalie that benefited from playing behind an offensive juggernaut. If we go back the past 15 years and look at top 10 goalie lists, I think we'd be hard pressed to find him in the top 5 in any season - let alone #1.

A better example would be Quick vs. Bernier in LA. Bernier was the future, Quick showed up in the NHL first was given the torch and just never faltered - making Bernier expendable. Similar in Anh. Andersen came in - was a legit starting G threat & then Gibson showed up and the team went 'whoa' we think he's going to be better.

This G hasn't played a single game in the AHL or even attempting to battle for a G job. He sees numbers and requests a trade. Well, most teams have 4 or more goalies in their system. He's going to have to compete wherever he goes.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

I said this isn't the type of player I want in my system... so I am looking at it from the employer perspective... not the employee.... and in my system... the goalies would all know that the one that earns the spot is the one that gets it... I am not going to promise anything to Delia or Lankinen If Nalimov has fought hard and earned a spot more than either of them.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I said this isn't the type of player I want in my system... so I am looking at it from the employer perspective... not the employee.... and in my system... the goalies would all know that the one that earns the spot is the one that gets it... I am not going to promise anything to Delia or Lankinen If Nalimov has fought hard and earned a spot more than either of them.
    Delia just carried that team in the playoffs, and Lankinen was one of the best free agents available. You think they'd be happy if you just said "yeah but we got this new shiny toy now, so we don't need either of you anymore"?

And how exactly do you earn a spot if you're not allowed to play? There's just one net, not enough games for three goalies. Goalies need consecutive games. Rotate all three goalies and they're all terrible.

It's so much easier to do something like that with skaters. It doesn't work with goalies.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wonder what Carter Hart is thinking entering Philly's system this year...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I wonder what Carter Hart is thinking entering Philly's system this year...
    So you think Nalimov is as good as Hart? That's a bold statement.

Administrator

Not every situation needs to be compared to others. People manage their own careers.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust