Thread: Thoughts on Offer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Thoughts on Offer

17 team, 32 man roster keeper league.

G=2, A=1, +/-=.5, PIM=.2, W= 4, L= -1, SO= 5.

17 players protected at the draft, players under 40 games exempt. 5rd draft every year.

Habs and Price killed my championship caliber team last year, and I started a mini/quick rebuild. Offered this:

My Benn
    for his
    K. Connor
    19 2nd
    22 2nd

Love Kyle Connor, but gut tells me I need a better return.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Thoughts on Offer

I wouldn't do this if you had a championship caliber team last year. If it was good last year, its still good this year. I would look for a better offer. Draft picks can only help you win this year, if you can flip them for a profit.

Dobber Sports Star

Trust your gut. Because we can't be 100% on Connor's linemates or PP usage and you're in contention, stick with Benn.

Dobber Sports Genius

Not sure what other Habs you have but since you say Price was a big part to losing the season I'd just hang tight or try to address your goalie situation specifically in case he bombs again which I doubt happens, I bet he comes back focused.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Magnificent One

Put me in the column that Connor, although talented, was put into a near perfect situation that made him look better than he is.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Put me in the column that Connor, although talented, was put into a near perfect situation that made him look better than he is.
    This right here for me as well. If I'm trading Benn for a breakout candidate and some picks, I'd much rather have someone who looks like more a sure thing to be a play-driver, as opposed to someone more at the whim of their line mates. Especially if you're set to compete again this year. If I'm competing, I don't see any reason to move Benn for anything less than a stellar offer.

Dobber Sports Genius

We are talking about Jamie Benn right?!?!? Yowzers no! In this setup Benn had to be, what, a top 10-15 player (G=2, A=1, +/-=.5, PIM=.2,)? These are the players you win with. Last year Benn had 36 goals, 43 assists, was a +20 and took 54 PIMS. What a stud!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

we're talking a 2022 - 2nd rounder? Man, shouldn't even be allowed to trade picks 5 years away. Most leagues don't LAST 5 years. You need immediate returns. Connor's a decent starting piece, but get immediate returns along-side that piece. Any league I am in allowed trading 3 years out. I'll trade away 2020 picks, but I rarely, if ever take them back.

Let someone else play the 'way to long game' - keep playing the 'win now' game
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Agree with the rest, if you are in a position to win, I don't see how moving Benn (should rebound) for Connor helps you next year.

Even if i were rebuilding, I'd want more.

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya it's an easy no for a team that's contending next season. Re-assess next year but probably still an easy no.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):