Thread: Bjugstad vs 12th Pick in Prospect Draft

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bjugstad vs 12th Pick in Prospect Draft

League with an identical roster and scoring set up to the league in my Sig. I've been offered the 12th pick in the 2018 draft (basically the 2018 draft class, we're a dynasty league) in exchange for my Bjugstad and a 2019 3rd rounder. Yay or nay?

TIA!
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Bjugstad vs 12th Pick in Prospect Draft

Soft pass for me. He's a frustrating player to have on a roster because he has so much potential and he's only 25, but he's a bandaid boy. However, now with a full 82 game season under his belt I think he's going to elevate his game this coming year. I'd project a 55-60 point season, and doubt anyone picked outside the top 5 will come close to those totals. The reason I say soft pass is because your active roster is pretty stacked so re-stocking the cupboards is never a bad idea when you're sitting in the position you're in.

Maybe try straight up for the 1st, and take out your 3rd if you're sold on moving him?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Jedi

I take it. with your scoring system - there's 5-7 Bjugstads that emerge off the wire every year. You'll be able to replace his 150 hits (15pts) with a better scoring player. You're getting a really good prospect at 12. 45-55pts is easily replaceable. In your set up he's probably a borderline 3.00 fantasy pt/gm player - 2.8? 2.9? I bet there are comparable from last year available as UFA's currently (using last year stats)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I am keeping Bjugstad. In fact, I acquired him in a couple of my leagues this off-season.

He had excellent chemistry with Barkov once they moved Bjug to the wing. I think he's on that top line again this year and if he can stay healthy long enough, (isn't that always the way??) I think he has 50-60pt potential.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bjugstad is best suited for 3rd line role. I think he's taken out of top-six as soon as they have anyone capable of playing there. With both Borgstrom and Tippett likely on their roster next season, I think Bjugstad's days in the top-six could be coming to an end. Maybe not right away but at some point during the season.

That said, you're not getting a good price for him. Maybe try trading him for a prospect instead because draft picks are always overvalued this time of the year.