Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Domi to Pittsburgh???

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Domi to Pittsburgh???

Just heard that Pitt is very interested in Domi. If this does go thru, what would be the fantasy implications. I would say they would be positive for the sole reason of playing on a winning team.

thoughts?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

Default Re: Domi to Pittsburgh???

I think this is very intriguing. I mean, obviously playing with Crosby and/or Malkin is going to increase his fantasy value, but I also think there might be an opening for him on the top power play unit to replace Kessel (if Kessel is traded).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think this is very intriguing. I mean, obviously playing with Crosby and/or Malkin is going to increase his fantasy value, but I also think there might be an opening for him on the top power play unit to replace Kessel (if Kessel is traded).
    If Kessel would be traded, I think Kessel's spot on the top PP is Sprong's to lose.
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghHustlers View Post
    If Kessel would be traded, I think Kessel's spot on the top PP is Sprong's to lose.
    I think you're jumping to conclusions here considering Sprong is not even an NHLer yet. Of course I believe he'll be there in the fall but it's silly to discount Domi that much should there be an opening on PP1.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think you're jumping to conclusions here considering Sprong is not even an NHLer yet. Of course I believe he'll be there in the fall but it's silly to discount Domi that much should there be an opening on PP1.
    Good to remember that Kessel and Sprong are right-handed shots whereas Domi is a left-handed shot. They already have two guys named Crosby and Malkin who shoot from the left side. Having a left-handed shot on the left side is not a recipe for success.

I still think Kessel is going nowhere. If he does go, they'll probably find another right-handed shot for the PP. Might be Sprong, might be someone else.

Domi is better suited for 2nd PP duties anyways.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Good to remember that Kessel and Sprong are right-handed shots whereas Domi is a left-handed shot. They already have two guys named Crosby and Malkin who shoot from the left side. Having a left-handed shot on the left side is not a recipe for success.

I still think Kessel is going nowhere. If he does go, they'll probably find another right-handed shot for the PP. Might be Sprong, might be someone else.

Domi is better suited for 2nd PP duties anyways.
    Sure, I'm just pointing out it's silly to discount Domi entirely in favor of a non-NHLer

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sure, I'm just pointing out it's silly to discount Domi entirely in favor of a non-NHLer
    Yeah well it makes sense if you're thinking about a Kessel replacement. Sprong seems like the obvious choice.

If they're going to replace Hornqvist at some point, perhaps that spot would be something Domi could handle. Then again, haven't they used Guentzel there sometimes?

It's just difficult to see Pittsburgh having much use for Domi on their top PP.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Domi gets traded to Pittsburgh his stock increases significantly. The opportunity for him to play with Crosby or Malkin is huge.

Dobber Sports Ace

Pretty much any winger that goes to Pittsburgh or Edmonton will inevitably see a spike in fantasy value during the off-season. Heck, even speculation that a player might go to one of those teams tends to bump their fantasy value.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Pretty much any winger that goes to Pittsburgh or Edmonton will inevitably see a spike in fantasy value during the off-season. Heck, even speculation that a player might go to one of those teams tends to bump their fantasy value.
    Trade rumors leading to sell-high opportunities? I love it!

Dobber Sports Icon

maybe i am not right but i think IF he does get moved to Pitt, he'd be burried on teh third line and 2PP? thus not really helping his situation..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe Sprong gets the plumb assignments over Domi if he does in fact go there. Teams usually tend to favor their own draft picks over guys who are imported unless those imports are superstars. Domi has a bright future but isn't a superstar. If he was, Arizona wouldn't be trading him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

kessel out, Domi in... anyone else think there's a larger deal here to swap Kessel for Domi ++ ? We don't need to go back to far to realize Chayka likes to make big bold moves. Domi & 5th for Kessel?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe.. but would Kessel waive his NTM clause to go there ??

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    kessel out, Domi in... anyone else think there's a larger deal here to swap Kessel for Domi ++ ? We don't need to go back to far to realize Chayka likes to make big bold moves. Domi & 5th for Kessel?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    Maybe.. but would Kessel waive his NTM clause to go there ??
    if he actually dislikes Sullivan enough... maybe? I still think Kessel's just misunderstood vs. a trouble maker. Hard to believe he's a bad team guy when he helps them win b2b cups. My opinion - Kessel will be a Penguin come Oct.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4