Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Off-season Choices - REP

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Off-season Choices - REP

Team and league in Sig.
    After collecting my third title in four years, it's time to look ahead to next year.
    I can keep 26 players and my 15 prospects. Whom shall we retain? REP for your suggestions, thanks.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Off-season Choices - REP

looks like you have 25 in bold, meaning you're looking for your last - I agree with those bolded. I'd go D. Brown as #26 - his multi-cat value is massive.

Last year wasn't a fluke, his SOG were rising the 2nd half of the previous year and was on my radar from Jan '17. Another 50+pts; 200 SOG; 50+PIM; 150+H - book it.

Also looks like you have 15 prospects already...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I keep the 25 you bolded and not every worry about the 26th guy - you'll still win your league next year and you can laugh at them even more this way

(I'd probably keep Muzzin, since you have 6D keepers in a start 6D....and only 2D on your farm. Although I can't argue with D. Brown either...I just think I'd keep based on position).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Honest answer: Anyone you want, as it's not going to matter.

The kind of answer you're looking for: Muzzin or Brown, depending on which position you want to keep. They are similar producers, so it comes down to what you think you need more as your first guy off the bench. I'd porbably lean Muzzin as you start 6 D vs 4 LW
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Wow, good answers and not what I expected.
    I traded for the 1st pick in the prospect draft, so my farm will include Sergachev, Heiskanen and Dahlin at D. I feel that should allow me to only keep 6 D in my 26. That's my theory. Also seemed like Muzzin was overtaken by Phaneuf and that really hurt his production.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You won (again)... and still managed to add Dahlin (to Sergachev and Heisk?)

Are you at all embarrassed at you doninance (present while still building your future?)

Wow! Look’n good fella!

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks HB, you're the greatest! The Forum deserves a lot of credit. A lot of articles around here are quite helpful as well.
    I did a much-derided trade last off-season, Letang for 2 1st rounders and Chabot. Took Tippett with the 1st from last year and this year's 1st ended up being No. 1, which I had predicted before doing the deal. Just lucky I guess.
    I honestly was a little embarrassed this year. There are some other excellent teams but I blew them all out in the playoffs. I am actually concerned about the talent imbalance. Blowing everyone out isn't all that fun.
    I am going to have to drop several good keeper-level players and I want to deal as many of them for upgrades and picks as I can.
    Guentzel and Mantha still have farm eligibility so I can send them down if I drop 2 prospects.
    I think a package of Carter, Muzzin and another good player could net me a nice return on players I would have to drop anyway.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Muzzin is my pick. Your pretty much set no matter what lol.

Dobber Sports Sage

Have a deal coming together: My Guentzel Muzzin and Morrissey for EKane, who is a multi-cat beast. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Considering EKane would be your final keeper and you are getting him for drops, yeah, I’d do it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Have a deal coming together: My Guentzel Muzzin and Morrissey for EKane, who is a multi-cat beast. Thoughts?
    I think I'd rather trade for draft picks. E.Kane is a beast when he plays (which is generally in contract years). And is he really that much better than D.Brown? Maybe he is...I really don't know what to make of either of them. You certainly don't lose this trade (all drops); but E.Kane has never been someone I've targetted....

Dobber Sports Sage

So who would you fellows move off my prospect roster if you needed to trim down?

Point taken als_revenge. Definitely buyer beware with Kane.

The Great One

If I had to trim down on your prospect list, the two I'd target are McLeod (I don't seem him having anywhere near the upside as other guys on that list) and Jarry. While I like Jarry as a prospect, you have 3 stud goalies in the NHL, Murray in your minors, and two very high end prospects in Samsonov and Sorokin. You really don't need Jarry, and unless he is traded, I just don't see his path to a starting goalie. I suppose if you wanted to be risk averse, you could keep Jarry and dump Sorokin (fearing he'll never come over). But you have enough depth at G to gamble on Sorokin, IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    So who would you fellows move off my prospect roster if you needed to trim down?

Point taken als_revenge. Definitely buyer beware with Kane.
    I'd trim 2 forwards for sure. I see no reason to drop any of your goalies or defensemen. Murray/Jarry are a NHL tandem. Sergachev is a NHL defender. Everyone else is a really nice prospect. So I'd lean towards where the prospect pool is weakest, relatively.

Not sure which 2, but McLeod is a name I haven't seen talked about very highly, so he could go. Other one is a bit tougher.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

A couple of salient points: Lee will be 28, Kane 26, Brown 34 next season. I'm trying to trade for the No. 1 veteran draft pick now, which would essentially give me 27 keepers.