Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Off-season Choices - REP

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Off-season Choices - REP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    A couple of salient points: Lee will be 28, Kane 26, Brown 34 next season. I'm trying to trade for the No. 1 veteran draft pick now, which would essentially give me 27 keepers.
    That's another reason I was leaning Muzzin originally, but really, you could roll a die.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Big Daddy

Humble brag post. How the hell did you build that team? Are you going up against children? I?ve never seen a team that loaded before. That roster could dominate a 6 team league.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Humble brag post. How the hell did you build that team? Are you going up against children? I?ve never seen a team that loaded before. That roster could dominate a 6 team league.
    Call it what you like. But in answer to your question, talking through ideas and brainstorming with the regular group around here is a major reason why I have such a stacked team. There are many forums, but this is The Forum Of Champions.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Call it what you like. But in answer to your question, talking through ideas and brainstorming with the regular group around here is a major reason why I have such a stacked team. There are many forums, but this is The Forum Of Champions.
    Sorry, rereading my post I sort of came across sounding like a jerk-off which of course wasn?t my intent. I didn?t mean to offend. But I am curious to know how you built a roster like that. If you are regularly a top team than it?s unlikely you drafted the likes of Laine, Eichel and maybe even Rantanen or Boeser. You obviously had a fantastic inaugural draft and did the rest via trades. But how does a single team build a D of Karlsson, Hedman, Burns and Doughty in a 10 team league? How does a single team have wingers like Kucherov, Marchand, Laine, Forsberg, Benn, Boeser and Rantanen in a 10 team league? And then there is your centre depth of Stamkos, Scheifele, Seguin and Eichel! I?ve seen some stacked teams on here before but nothing like this. So forgive my above comments, I?m just astonished at the talent on your team.

Dobber Sports Sage

Congrats on the win DG. Always fun to look at your team of all stars. Continuous improvement should always be the goal of course, and I too would be worried about league parity with 3 out of the last 4 championships. Doesn't mean you should stop doing what you do though.

As is, I like d brown as your final keeper. If Pretzel is farm eligible still I think you need to find a way to keep him. That's two playoffs in a row where the kid has been dynamite, seems like he will figure out the grind of the regular season eventually.

Congrats on dhalin, unreal haha...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Ended up moving Guentzel Muzzin and Mike Macleod for Evander. Thanks for your input, it was extremely helpful. REP on the way.