Thread: Saros Rookie year?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Saros Rookie year?

Hi guys, i just want to be sure: Was 2017-2018 the rookie year of Saros as he played more than 25 games in one single season or it was before that?

So what is the rookie year of Saros cause i am in a keeper and can protect automatically 3 rookies for next year...?

Some says he was rookie 2 years ago but i think he was rookie last season (2017-2018).

Also, if you have a link to prove it, i will show them

Tx to help

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Saros Rookie year?

from wiki:

To qualify as a rookie in the National Hockey League, a player must not have played 25 regular season games or more in any single season. As of the 1990-91 NHL season, a player also must be 26 years old or younger to qualify as a rookie.[9][10] The National Hockey League awards the best rookie with the Calder Memorial Trophy, as voted upon by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association. In the NHL, rookies have special contract rules which limit how much a team can pay them as well as limiting the length of the contract. An NHL rookie contract is called an Entry Level contract and is typically limited to three years.[11]

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

so with that, 2017-2018 was his rookie year as he played 26 regular season games right? Am i alone to understand that cause its seems simple no? lol

Dobber Sports Jedi

if he played 26 reg. seasons games - yep that was his rookie season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

tx to you!

Dobber Sports Wizard

If your league has a rule saying you can protect rookies, your league should also clarify what a rookie means exactly. I think there's a difference between being eligible for the Calder Trophy and being a rookie but too lazy to look it up.

Dobber Sports Novice

Yea there is a rule and we always said that the rule will refer to NHL rules of Rookie definition. It doesnt matter the Calder Trophy, its only RC or not.

Dobber Sports Icon

In the NHL, a rookie is any player who is less than 26 years of age as of Sept 15th of that season who had not played in 25 or more games in any preceding season nor in 6 or more games in each of any two preceding seasons. This is from http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

That's the definition so Jusse Saros was an NHL rookie in 2017/18...and in 2016/17 and in 2015/16.