Thread: Stuart Skinner..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Stuart Skinner..

Been reading up on this kid, seems to have some inconsistencies with his game, though turning 20 in November, and with him signing his entry level contract with the oilers.. is he worth picking up? He's projected to start in the AHL this coming fall. His size at 6'4 205lbs looks promising.
    Head to Head format. 31 GM team league. 24 Player Roster, 2 Goalies, 6 Defenceman, 10 Forwards, 4 Reserve Spots, 30/15 Rule (30 NHL GP for players,15 for Goalies). Point categories: GP, G, A, PM, SHG, PPG, OTG, Hits, Blocked Shots, G Goals, G Assists, Save%, shutouts, G Wins, Saves.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Stuart Skinner..

Decent goalie prospect. Not elite but not bad either. Could start from the ECHL like many goalies coming from junior do but it's not a problem, it's better for them to have lots of games. Most goalies can't handle starter's job in the AHL right away.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goalies are voodoo. 20 year old goalies even more so. Three years from now we'll have a read on him and then still we gotta whole lotta voodoo. I don't touch goalie prospects for fantasy unless they are establishing themselves in the show. Rather use them as chips and saddle somebody else with the wait time. That's just me though.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Jedi

this is a goalie I would play the wait & watch game with. Not one that I would run out and add to my prospects roster unless it's an ultra-deep league. In 3yrs he could be in Europe playing, or backing up Talbot and we'll be calling him the next Matt Murray. There's really just no way to tell with him. Make a note - track his progress.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's way too far away and unproven to care about in almost any league. See how his ECHL/AHL start goes, and then see if you have extra space not better used on a skater.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.