Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Slava Voynov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Slava Voynov

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Let's see your credentials. I'd like to compare them to Peterson's...
    Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Not that I need to indulge your asinine request for my credentials to effectively spot a right-wing grifter who preys on the weakest minds among our tragically sick and diseased society ... but in the interest of putting this to bed:

I received a bachelor’s degree in history as well as sociology, with a particular emphasis on Latin American political history especially as it relates to United States imperialism and failed foreign policy of anti-communism. In addition, I have completed my J.D. from a top-50 US law school where I received two separate CALI awards (essentially given to the top student in a particular course) for Property Law as well as Employment Discrimination.

At said law school, I was one of the editors of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the second ranking law review on our campus. I studied criminal law and procedure with the man who essentially wrote 90% of the American Bar Association’s Ethics Rules and studied constitutional law in depth with the lead attorney in the recent California federal case which declared solitary confinement unconstitutional in the federal prison system. I have also studied many aspects of US tier law and the administrative / regulatory state at length, and I possess more than a working knowledge in a wide variety of legal fields.

My true passion, however, has always been the pursuit of justice via the truly important work of a criminal defense attorney. I have worked at my county’s public defender’s office and have spent hundreds of hours in the court room and in jails directly servicing the least fortunate, marginalized populations among this wonderful land. I have quite literally given my life to the service of others in the most meaningful way I could discover, yet I still have to deal with folks questioning my motives on a regular basis.

I highly doubt your own credentials even come close. Now go and clean your room, Bucko.
    Wow, that's impressive, but it would be great if you two buckos could either get a room or stay on topic...please.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Ah yes, Jordan Peterson and his brilliant writings on the evil feminine other, slaying mythological dragons for the good of white culture, and of course ... cleaning your room.

The jokes write themselves. Peterson is a fraud bilking money from anxious white incel idiots who believe their male genitalia qualifies them for some kind of destiny of dominance. I guess I?m not surprised certain folks around here love him. It seems more and more that modern conservatism basically just means falling for obvious bad-faith grifters.
    I've recently attended two Peterson lectures in Vancouver and the idea that it's all young white men at these events is ridiculous. About 40% were women, and probably 30% were non-caucasian (including myself - I'm brown, over 40, and throw a hell of a f@ck), and there was a wide age range, including, yes those horrible young caucasians with outie-genitalia.

I seriously don't want to get into this in a freaking Slava Voynov thread but you're mis-characterizing him and the people paying attention to him.

/edit: and even if his target audience is white males (which it isn't) - explain why that would be a bad thing? Why is being a white male and having an interest in something bad? You are demonising an entire group of people (and half my ancestry's males). I think there's probably a few young white males on this forum, do you think you deserve the rights that everyone else has? I'm half white, do I get a little reprimand for that or am I now open season?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Giant

Voynov isn’t even really that good to warrant all this discussion / criticism. I’m personally guilty of letting my personal judgments about his obviously flawed moral character bleed into an analysis of the player. If there hadn’t been a major violent fiasco he probably wouldn’t even be garnering much attention on these boards.

This is the last point I’ll make re: Peterson. If you want to give your money to a guy whose entire philosophy is inherently misogynistic (not to mention homophobic and anti-trans), who also happens to sound like Kermit the frog and posts videos of himself crying hysterically because he doesn’t understand Disney movies ... nobody is stopping you.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Voynov isn?t even really that good to warrant all this discussion / criticism.
    Even in the more shallow of points only leagues Voynov is somewhat relevant. In 13/14 he scored 34 pts in a full season and in 12/13 he scored 25 pts in 48 games. He has a decent amount of hits (roughly 2 a game) so he is worth the chatter. There has been far worse players to have been discussed than Mr. Voynov. He is still only 28 years old and put up decent numbers in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd be curious to see how or if the news, team mate, and fan reactions to the Osuna situation effect any decisions the NHL or the Kings make here. Definitely a similar situation, and a decent litmus test for what the reaction to any Voynov signing might end up being.

Personally, I don't think people with violent convictions should be put back on a pedestal; but I also understand it's a business, and that my opinion isn't the only one fans have. So if teams want to sign these criminals, let them deal with the backlash from people who think like me.

Dobber Sports Icon

This is the last point I’ll make re: Peterson. If you want to give your money to a guy whose entire philosophy is inherently misogynistic (not to mention homophobic and anti-trans), who also happens to sound like Kermit the frog and posts videos of himself crying hysterically because he doesn’t understand Disney movies ... nobody is stopping you.
    You know that on his book tour he is accompanied by his good friend and colleague Dave Rubin, who is openly gay and married to a man? Seriously man, you have no clue what you are talking about.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

Personally, I'm a bit surprised that Voynov has not gone on a PR campaign. I would think his based chance at getting back in the NHL is based on showing remorse, demonstrating that he has changed his behaviour and that he is taking (or has taken) pro-active steps to improve society with respect to violence against women.

I'm not a lawyer, but given that his record was expunged...presumably he can talk more candidly now.

Dobber Sports Veteran

BREAKING - Slava Voynov has applied for NHL reinstatement per Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly

"We’re in process of an intense factual investigation. I’m not in a position to give timeline. When investigation is done, Commissioner will deal with his application for reinstatement."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not that I need to indulge your asinine request for my credentials to effectively spot a right-wing grifter who preys on the weakest minds among our tragically sick and diseased society ... but in the interest of putting this to bed:

I received a bachelor’s degree in history as well as sociology, with a particular emphasis on Latin American political history especially as it relates to United States imperialism and failed foreign policy of anti-communism. In addition, I have completed my J.D. from a top-50 US law school where I received two separate CALI awards (essentially given to the top student in a particular course) for Property Law as well as Employment Discrimination.

At said law school, I was one of the editors of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the second ranking law review on our campus. I studied criminal law and procedure with the man who essentially wrote 90% of the American Bar Association’s Ethics Rules and studied constitutional law in depth with the lead attorney in the recent California federal case which declared solitary confinement unconstitutional in the federal prison system. I have also studied many aspects of US tier law and the administrative / regulatory state at length, and I possess more than a working knowledge in a wide variety of legal fields.

My true passion, however, has always been the pursuit of justice via the truly important work of a criminal defense attorney. I have worked at my county’s public defender’s office and have spent hundreds of hours in the court room and in jails directly servicing the least fortunate, marginalized populations among this wonderful land. I have quite literally given my life to the service of others in the most meaningful way I could discover, yet I still have to deal with folks questioning my motives on a regular basis.

I highly doubt your own credentials even come close. Now go and clean your room, Bucko.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow, that's impressive, but it would be great if you two buckos could either get a room or stay on topic...please.
    It's not THAT impressive.. I mean, I can tie my own shoes.

Anyone got eyes on Gilmour for his response (on topic or not)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

At this point I'm almost 100% certain he's coming back, only a matter of when. And he'll be fantasy-relevant, mainly in multi-cat leagues.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    1) A mod said it was off topic, so I dropped it out of respect for him. It should have stayed dropped, but... someone felt like stirring a pile, I guess ?
    2) The issue was to compare his credentials to Jordan P's, not mine. He belittled Mr Peterson as if he had done.

Yay! Voynov might get to play NHL hockey again. 3 Cheers for the PATRIARCHY!!!
    stir the pot or ask a question. It's rare to see you let anything go... that's what struck me as odd. but now i know.. thanks for the answer
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

OK boys time to move on with the unrelated bickering. Stick to Voynov.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    At this point I'm almost 100% certain he's coming back, only a matter of when. And he'll be fantasy-relevant, mainly in multi-cat leagues.

Care for a little pts prediction for his first 82 games once reinstated?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noriculous View Post
    Care for a little pts prediction for his first 82 games once reinstated?
    It depends how he's featured. His NHLe has him at 46 which I think is way high. Too many teams going 4F 1D on the power play so less opportunities for dmen to play on PP1. I'd put him at 30-35 with upside. In the fantasy guide he would appear in the sleeper section.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Slava Voynov has been suspended for the entirety of the 2019-2020 season.

Slava Voynov has been suspended for the entire 2019-20 NHL season (including playoffs) for unacceptable off-ice conduct. Voynov’s eligibility to play in the NHL will be restored (assuming good behavior) no later than July 1, 2020.
    https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13101 …