Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Slava Voynov

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Slava Voynov

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So what's the holdup on Voynov signing? Does he have any more hearings or anything standing in the way of him signing or are teams just reluctant to sign him right now?
    are his rights still owned by LA ?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Jordan Peterson as a model to follow.....whew.

Not really surprising from the source though.
    Ah yes, Jordan Peterson and his brilliant writings on the evil feminine other, slaying mythological dragons for the good of white culture, and of course ... cleaning your room.

The jokes write themselves. Peterson is a fraud bilking money from anxious white incel idiots who believe their male genitalia qualifies them for some kind of destiny of dominance. I guess I’m not surprised certain folks around here love him. It seems more and more that modern conservatism basically just means falling for obvious bad-faith grifters.
    Mound -- One and Done FHL
    12-Team Fantrax Daily H2H Dynasty
    12F, 6D, 3 Util, 2G, 8Bn (IR)
    G, A, STP, SOG, PIM, DEF, ATOI, Hits, Blk, FoW // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%

F: Crosby, Benn, Kopitar, Barzal, Getzlaf, Pavelski, Backstrom, Larkin, Stepan, Teravainen, Hoffman, Reinhart, Fiala, Meier, Palat, Perry, Backlund, Koivu, Zuccarello

D: Byfuglien, Subban, Jones, Letang, Giordano, Klefbom, Phaneuf, Chara, Ceci

G: Schneider, Varlamov, Elliott

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So what's the holdup on Voynov signing? Does he have any more hearings or anything standing in the way of him signing or are teams just reluctant to sign him right now?
    Voynov got his record wiped clear last month after complying with all terms of his sentence (i.e., served his jail time, 3 year probation, counselling, community service). [The DA tried to argue that completing probation shouldn't count, since Voynov was in Russia and couldn't be monitored - but that didn't fly with the judge.] Anyways, my understanding is that Voynov still remains suspended by the NHL. So first he'd need to get reinstated (and getting his record wiped clean was the first major step ), but I don't know if he's applied yet.

If the NHL reinstates Voynov, my understanding is that he is still the property of Los Angeles. So he'd either had to sign with them, or have his rights traded.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Voynov got his record wiped clear last month after complying with all terms of his sentence (i.e., served his jail time, 3 year probation, counselling, community service). [The DA tried to argue that completing probation shouldn't count, since Voynov was in Russia and couldn't be monitored - but that didn't fly with the judge.] Anyways, my understanding is that Voynov still remains suspended by the NHL. So first he'd need to get reinstated (and getting his record wiped clean was the first major step ), but I don't know if he's applied yet.

If the NHL reinstates Voynov, my understanding is that he is still the property of Los Angeles. So he'd either had to sign with them, or have his rights traded.
    Thank you very much. That cleared everything up with me. I drafted him very late in an inaugural league (multi-cat slightly goal favored) and am hoping he plays. I have no judgement on his personal life but as a player I hope to see him out there.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yep, LAK still own his rights but he needs to be reinstated before anything happens on the trade/signing front.

F: Crosby, Benn, Kopitar, Barzal, Getzlaf, Pavelski, Backstrom, Larkin, Stepan, Teravainen, Hoffman, Reinhart, Fiala, Meier, Palat, Perry, Backlund, Koivu, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Yep, LAK still own his rights but he needs to be reinstated before anything happens on the trade/signing front.
    It will be an interesting case to follow. Since his record has been wiped clean, my guess is the NHL will reinstate him. But, it also wouldn't surprise me if they included a suspension along with it, given the nature of the crime, the guilty plea, etc.

From everything I've read, LA isn't interested...and I have no idea what kind of trade value he has...

I'm also interested in what kind of reaction Voynov would get from new teammates, and new fans...

Dobber Sports Star

Ah yes, Jordan Peterson and his brilliant writings on the evil feminine other, slaying mythological dragons for the good of white culture, and of course ... cleaning your room.

The jokes write themselves. Peterson is a fraud bilking money from anxious white incel idiots who believe their male genitalia qualifies them for some kind of destiny of dominance. I guess I’m not surprised certain folks around here love him. It seems more and more that modern conservatism basically just means falling for obvious bad-faith grifters.
    Let's see your credentials. I'd like to compare them to Peterson's...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Not that I need to indulge your asinine request for my credentials to effectively spot a right-wing grifter who preys on the weakest minds among our tragically sick and diseased society ... but in the interest of putting this to bed:

I received a bachelor’s degree in history as well as sociology, with a particular emphasis on Latin American political history especially as it relates to United States imperialism and failed foreign policy of anti-communism. In addition, I have completed my J.D. from a top-50 US law school where I received two separate CALI awards (essentially given to the top student in a particular course) for Property Law as well as Employment Discrimination.

At said law school, I was one of the editors of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the second ranking law review on our campus. I studied criminal law and procedure with the man who essentially wrote 90% of the American Bar Association’s Ethics Rules and studied constitutional law in depth with the lead attorney in the recent California federal case which declared solitary confinement unconstitutional in the federal prison system. I have also studied many aspects of US tier law and the administrative / regulatory state at length, and I possess more than a working knowledge in a wide variety of legal fields.

My true passion, however, has always been the pursuit of justice via the truly important work of a criminal defense attorney. I have worked at my county’s public defender’s office and have spent hundreds of hours in the court room and in jails directly servicing the least fortunate, marginalized populations among this wonderful land. I have quite literally given my life to the service of others in the most meaningful way I could discover, yet I still have to deal with folks questioning my motives on a regular basis.

I highly doubt your own credentials even come close. Now go and clean your room, Bucko.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Not that I need to indulge your asinine request for my credentials to effectively spot a right-wing grifter who preys on the weakest minds among our tragically sick and diseased society ... but in the interest of putting this to bed:

I received a bachelor’s degree in history as well as sociology, with a particular emphasis on Latin American political history especially as it relates to United States imperialism and failed foreign policy of anti-communism. In addition, I have completed my J.D. from a top-50 US law school where I received two separate CALI awards (essentially given to the top student in a particular course) for Property Law as well as Employment Discrimination.

At said law school, I was one of the editors of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the second ranking law review on our campus. I studied criminal law and procedure with the man who essentially wrote 90% of the American Bar Association’s Ethics Rules and studied constitutional law in depth with the lead attorney in the recent California federal case which declared solitary confinement unconstitutional in the federal prison system. I have also studied many aspects of US tier law and the administrative / regulatory state at length, and I possess more than a working knowledge in a wide variety of legal fields.

My true passion, however, has always been the pursuit of justice via the truly important work of a criminal defense attorney. I have worked at my county’s public defender’s office and have spent hundreds of hours in the court room and in jails directly servicing the least fortunate, marginalized populations among this wonderful land. I have quite literally given my life to the service of others in the most meaningful way I could discover, yet I still have to deal with folks questioning my motives on a regular basis.

I highly doubt your own credentials even come close. Now go and clean your room, Bucko.
    Wow, that's impressive, but it would be great if you two buckos could either get a room or stay on topic...please.

The pen is mightier than the sword...unless someone is trying to stab you with a sword. Then, it's the sword...definitely the sword.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The jokes write themselves. Peterson is a fraud bilking money from anxious white incel idiots who believe their male genitalia qualifies them for some kind of destiny of dominance. I guess I?m not surprised certain folks around here love him. It seems more and more that modern conservatism basically just means falling for obvious bad-faith grifters.
    I've recently attended two Peterson lectures in Vancouver and the idea that it's all young white men at these events is ridiculous. About 40% were women, and probably 30% were non-caucasian (including myself - I'm brown, over 40, and throw a hell of a f@ck), and there was a wide age range, including, yes those horrible young caucasians with outie-genitalia.

I seriously don't want to get into this in a freaking Slava Voynov thread but you're mis-characterizing him and the people paying attention to him.

/edit: and even if his target audience is white males (which it isn't) - explain why that would be a bad thing? Why is being a white male and having an interest in something bad? You are demonising an entire group of people (and half my ancestry's males). I think there's probably a few young white males on this forum, do you think you deserve the rights that everyone else has? I'm half white, do I get a little reprimand for that or am I now open season?
    Speak the truth and see what happens.
    -Jordan Peterson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Voynov isn’t even really that good to warrant all this discussion / criticism. I’m personally guilty of letting my personal judgments about his obviously flawed moral character bleed into an analysis of the player. If there hadn’t been a major violent fiasco he probably wouldn’t even be garnering much attention on these boards.

This is the last point I’ll make re: Peterson. If you want to give your money to a guy whose entire philosophy is inherently misogynistic (not to mention homophobic and anti-trans), who also happens to sound like Kermit the frog and posts videos of himself crying hysterically because he doesn’t understand Disney movies ... nobody is stopping you.

The Great One

Voynov isn?t even really that good to warrant all this discussion / criticism.
    Even in the more shallow of points only leagues Voynov is somewhat relevant. In 13/14 he scored 34 pts in a full season and in 12/13 he scored 25 pts in 48 games. He has a decent amount of hits (roughly 2 a game) so he is worth the chatter. There has been far worse players to have been discussed than Mr. Voynov. He is still only 28 years old and put up decent numbers in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd be curious to see how or if the news, team mate, and fan reactions to the Osuna situation effect any decisions the NHL or the Kings make here. Definitely a similar situation, and a decent litmus test for what the reaction to any Voynov signing might end up being.

Personally, I don't think people with violent convictions should be put back on a pedestal; but I also understand it's a business, and that my opinion isn't the only one fans have. So if teams want to sign these criminals, let them deal with the backlash from people who think like me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is the last point I’ll make re: Peterson. If you want to give your money to a guy whose entire philosophy is inherently misogynistic (not to mention homophobic and anti-trans), who also happens to sound like Kermit the frog and posts videos of himself crying hysterically because he doesn’t understand Disney movies ... nobody is stopping you.
    You know that on his book tour he is accompanied by his good friend and colleague Dave Rubin, who is openly gay and married to a man? Seriously man, you have no clue what you are talking about.
    Speak the truth and see what happens.
    -Jordan Peterson

Dobber Sports Master

Personally, I'm a bit surprised that Voynov has not gone on a PR campaign. I would think his based chance at getting back in the NHL is based on showing remorse, demonstrating that he has changed his behaviour and that he is taking (or has taken) pro-active steps to improve society with respect to violence against women.

I'm not a lawyer, but given that his record was expunged...presumably he can talk more candidly now.