Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Slava Voynov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Slava Voynov

he did serve 2 months in jail..not enough imo. not going to disagree with you. I do think he will sign with a team this year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Well...the woman who "loves him so much" must see something good in him. Either that, or she doesn't mind taking occasional beatings in order to live a lifestyle she can't achieve on her own.
    Either way, he's done his time. Let him get on with his life.
    This is such a disgusting opinion, placing blame on a victim whose only crime is loving this person, hoping and praying that maybe this time will be the last time she has to be beaten within an inch of her life just to keep her family and personal life intact. There are so many reasons why women stay in abusive relationships, and your opinion does nothing but further marginalize the position of female victims of male violence. You automatically assume the worst about the woman while you go to bat for the literal violent criminal who FLED THE COUNTRY instead of actually facing consequences.

It’s horrifying, and quite frankly you should educate yourself.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think im a bad person to allow him back in the NHL. It is my opinion and should be respected just like how I respect yours.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well...the woman who "loves him so much" must see something good in him. Either that, or she doesn't mind taking occasional beatings in order to live a lifestyle she can't achieve on her own.
    Either way, he's done his time. Let him get on with his life.
    i agree with mounD , this comment is out of line , there are different reasons why women stay in abusive relationships but it doesn't make it right to blame them when these men abuse them repeatedly.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think everyone here will agree that abuse of any kind is bad, especially bad when it's from someone who says they love you. However, I personally don't let a players personal life affect whether or not I will own him in a fantasy hockey league. I draw a correlation to ethical investing. Me, I just want to make money with my investments - if it's in oil, coal, cigarettes, alcohol, now marijuana, anything that's legal is fine by me. Same idea for my hockey pools...Just show me the money!

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Jordan Peterson as a model to follow.....whew.

Not really surprising from the source though.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dr. Peterson is actually quite a brilliant guy, and his credentials speak for themselves. We need more people like him speaking up in this world.
    Book link below for anyone interested.
    https://www.amazon.ca/12-Rules-Life-.../dp/0345816021
    Lol

Dobber Sports Monster

So what's the holdup on Voynov signing? Does he have any more hearings or anything standing in the way of him signing or are teams just reluctant to sign him right now?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So what's the holdup on Voynov signing? Does he have any more hearings or anything standing in the way of him signing or are teams just reluctant to sign him right now?
    are his rights still owned by LA ?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Jordan Peterson as a model to follow.....whew.

Not really surprising from the source though.
    Ah yes, Jordan Peterson and his brilliant writings on the evil feminine other, slaying mythological dragons for the good of white culture, and of course ... cleaning your room.

The jokes write themselves. Peterson is a fraud bilking money from anxious white incel idiots who believe their male genitalia qualifies them for some kind of destiny of dominance. I guess I’m not surprised certain folks around here love him. It seems more and more that modern conservatism basically just means falling for obvious bad-faith grifters.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Voynov got his record wiped clear last month after complying with all terms of his sentence (i.e., served his jail time, 3 year probation, counselling, community service). [The DA tried to argue that completing probation shouldn't count, since Voynov was in Russia and couldn't be monitored - but that didn't fly with the judge.] Anyways, my understanding is that Voynov still remains suspended by the NHL. So first he'd need to get reinstated (and getting his record wiped clean was the first major step ), but I don't know if he's applied yet.

If the NHL reinstates Voynov, my understanding is that he is still the property of Los Angeles. So he'd either had to sign with them, or have his rights traded.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Voynov got his record wiped clear last month after complying with all terms of his sentence (i.e., served his jail time, 3 year probation, counselling, community service). [The DA tried to argue that completing probation shouldn't count, since Voynov was in Russia and couldn't be monitored - but that didn't fly with the judge.] Anyways, my understanding is that Voynov still remains suspended by the NHL. So first he'd need to get reinstated (and getting his record wiped clean was the first major step ), but I don't know if he's applied yet.

If the NHL reinstates Voynov, my understanding is that he is still the property of Los Angeles. So he'd either had to sign with them, or have his rights traded.
    Thank you very much. That cleared everything up with me. I drafted him very late in an inaugural league (multi-cat slightly goal favored) and am hoping he plays. I have no judgement on his personal life but as a player I hope to see him out there.

Dobber Sports Giant

Yep, LAK still own his rights but he needs to be reinstated before anything happens on the trade/signing front.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Yep, LAK still own his rights but he needs to be reinstated before anything happens on the trade/signing front.
    It will be an interesting case to follow. Since his record has been wiped clean, my guess is the NHL will reinstate him. But, it also wouldn't surprise me if they included a suspension along with it, given the nature of the crime, the guilty plea, etc.

From everything I've read, LA isn't interested...and I have no idea what kind of trade value he has...

I'm also interested in what kind of reaction Voynov would get from new teammates, and new fans...

Dobber Sports Giant

Let's see your credentials. I'd like to compare them to Peterson's...
    Not that I need to indulge your asinine request for my credentials to effectively spot a right-wing grifter who preys on the weakest minds among our tragically sick and diseased society ... but in the interest of putting this to bed:

I received a bachelor’s degree in history as well as sociology, with a particular emphasis on Latin American political history especially as it relates to United States imperialism and failed foreign policy of anti-communism. In addition, I have completed my J.D. from a top-50 US law school where I received two separate CALI awards (essentially given to the top student in a particular course) for Property Law as well as Employment Discrimination.

At said law school, I was one of the editors of the Journal of Law and Commerce, the second ranking law review on our campus. I studied criminal law and procedure with the man who essentially wrote 90% of the American Bar Association’s Ethics Rules and studied constitutional law in depth with the lead attorney in the recent California federal case which declared solitary confinement unconstitutional in the federal prison system. I have also studied many aspects of US tier law and the administrative / regulatory state at length, and I possess more than a working knowledge in a wide variety of legal fields.

My true passion, however, has always been the pursuit of justice via the truly important work of a criminal defense attorney. I have worked at my county’s public defender’s office and have spent hundreds of hours in the court room and in jails directly servicing the least fortunate, marginalized populations among this wonderful land. I have quite literally given my life to the service of others in the most meaningful way I could discover, yet I still have to deal with folks questioning my motives on a regular basis.

I highly doubt your own credentials even come close. Now go and clean your room, Bucko.