Thread: Dotchin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dotchin

Last off-season I was very high on Dotchin because of his deployment and grit. The viewings I had of him this season, he looked good but he didn't get the sweet deployment next to Hedman like his rookie year. With all the trades the bolts made bringing in McDonagh, Girardi, Sergachev really created a log jam for Dotchin down the stretch. He was constantly in the press box and battling Suster and Koek for the 7 spot. I know we will know more after we see what happens to Suster and Koek but I'm curious what the Dobberites think. What do you see Dotchin's next 3yrs look like? Can he be that 20pt+ 80pim+ 150hit 100blk guy? His pims fell off a cliff last year I'm guessing because Cooper wanted to see more discipline. Thoughts?
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dotchin

I also had the same hope you had this season, but I cut bait and traded Dotchin after the season. Seems like he played himself out of the lineup quite a lot towards the end of the season, and it's not gonna get easier as Sergachev gets older, and before you know it Cal Foote will be around.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I feel like this season was Dotchin's chance and he didn't play well enough to establish himself. I see a lot of time as a 7th defenseman in his future. Too bad because I was hoping he could be a Gudas replacement.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Administrator

Cap-wise nothing is forcing their hand to make changes immediately so I can totally see them ditching Sustr and going into next year with the other eight dmen on the roster. Not ideal for fantasy but it's a luxury for them as a team.

This would make Dotchin a hot/cold fantasy guy. When there's injuries or the team rolls with him in the lineup, he'll be productive but he might see long stretches in the press box.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I also expected more from Dotchin last year and was disappointed like the rest of you guys. I cut bait this year and dropped him, which sounds like the right decision.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Saw in Friedman's 31 thoughts the Bolts are looking for a right shot defenseman. It's starting to look more bleak for Dotchin. It makes no sense for me cut him and his trade value at the moment is in the toilet. Guess I'm riding it out and hoping for the best until he hits 100 games and I have to make a decision on him.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Jedi

maybe wait and see if he gets moved this summer? A fresh start may do wonders.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4