Thread: [Rumour] Val Nichushkin signs 2yr deal with Dallas

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumour] Val Nichushkin signs 2yr deal with Dallas

Still a rumour as it cant officially be announced until July 1st but looks like it's a done deal.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/06/...ri-nichushkin/

According to Russian news outlet R-Sport, The Dallas Stars have agreed to terms with restricted free agent Valeri Nichushkin on a two-year deal. The deal will be officially announced on July 1st. He has spent the last two seasons playing with CSKA Moscow in the KHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Rumour] Val Nichushkin signs 2yr deal with Dallas

Happy he is back in North America. Should be interesting to see if he has developed much in his time in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sounds like he didn't exactly light it up and actually had pretty underwhelming numbers last year. I'd still expect him to be a top 9 RW for DAL as they aren't exactly super deep upfront. Will defs be interesting to watch him this upcoming season and going forward.

Dobber Sports Wizard

He's a fine bottom-six winger who can be used on the PK but I wouldn't expect much from him offensively. Slow feet, slow hands, and his head isn't very fast either. I didn't watch him a lot when he played for the Stars but I've seen him plenty of times in the KHL and in some international tournaments over the past two years.

Administrator

His NHLe value is 32 points based on this year's KHL numbers. I think that's fair as a bottom-six depth scorer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    His NHLe value is 32 points based on this year's KHL numbers. I think that's fair as a bottom-six depth scorer.
    Sounds about right based on what I saw. And that was him playing big minutes on a really good team. He got all the minutes he could handle and still couldn't produce much. Nice complementary player because he can protect the puck really well and be responsible defensively but don't expect him to make too many plays or finish plays too often.