Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson to the oilers (imagined)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Karlsson to the oilers (imagined)

Karlsson to Devils for Severson, McLeod, 1st, and a couple other pieces! (if i keep saying it, it might come true)

I don't think Karlsson in Edmonton is a good fit for anyone-- too much money tied up in 3 players. They have pisspoor depth, that should be step one to become playoff-bound again. I actually like Klefbom, he's underrated. I'd prefer Klefbom+stud winger+a few million in cap space over Karlsson+random plug if I were an Oiler fan.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Karlsson to Devils for Severson, McLeod, 1st, and a couple other pieces! (if i keep saying it, it might come true)

I don't think Karlsson in Edmonton is a good fit for anyone-- too much money tied up in 3 players. They have pisspoor depth, that should be step one to become playoff-bound again. I actually like Klefbom, he's underrated. I'd prefer Klefbom+stud winger+a few million in cap space over Karlsson+random plug if I were an Oiler fan.
    It kind of worked for Pittsburgh.

Dobber Sports Legend

The question is: Does Karlsson was to commit to playing in Edmonton for the next 6-7 years? If not, I don't see the Oil giving up a haul to rent him for a year.

The Great One

I really haven't heard much about places Karlsson would want to play (outside Ottawa, that is). Reading the Ottawa papers, it doesn't sound like either he or Hoffman will be around much longer. But who knows...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Karlsson will not be traded . Hoffman will be. The sens are building around karlsson duchene and stone

theres a greater chance the team is sold in two weeks than karlsson being traded

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I think Karlsson is pretty much a good fit anywhere outside of Nashville, and that's just due to the stupid amount of D talent they have. This isn't a goalie where you can only play one guy, and he's a difference maker.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Since we're taking turns in the GM chair all throw this out there.

To Edm - Karlsson, Hoffman, Ryan
    To OTT - RNH, Klefboom, ( 1 of Yamamoto/Puljujarvi), 2018 2nd rounder.

Why Ottawa does this. Karlsson is walking away after this contract and regardless of what owner ship says they aren't going to pay him what it will take to keep him. They get out from under Ryan's contract which is huge. Trading away Brassard has left a hole up the middle that RNH can fill. Klefboom and Chabot would make a solid pairing to lead their D. Loosing Karlsson an Hoffman will devastate their offence but getting youth with tremendous upside in either Yama of JP helps ease the transition.

Why EDM does this. - Karlsson , Karlsson Karlsson. Can you imagine a PP with Karlsson at the point and McD, Draisaitl and Hoffman up front. Yikes. If Edm is lucky enough to have one of Dobson, Hughes, Bodqvist or Bouchard their defence would be set for years to come.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post

Why Ottawa does this. Karlsson is walking away after this contract and regardless of what owner ship says they aren't going to pay him what it will take to keep him. They get out from under Ryan's contract which is huge. Trading away Brassard has left a hole up the middle that RNH can fill. Klefboom and Chabot would make a solid pairing to lead their D. Loosing Karlsson an Hoffman will devastate their offence but getting youth with tremendous upside in either Yama of JP helps ease the transition.

Why EDM does this. - Karlsson , Karlsson Karlsson. Can you imagine a PP with Karlsson at the point and McD, Draisaitl and Hoffman up front. Yikes. If Edm is lucky enough to have one of Dobson, Hughes, Bodqvist or Bouchard their defence would be set for years to come.
    why would Ott add Hoffman when Karlsson will bring that on his own? I think there's a chance Hoffman or Skinner end up in Edm. but not Karlsson... maybe Hanifin though
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I tnink

I think hofffman to Edmonton make sense but karlsson won?t be a part of it. He will be signing this summer in Ottawa

- - - Updated - - -

I tnink

I think hofffman to Edmonton make sense but karlsson won?t be a part of it. He will be signing this summer in Ottawa

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    why would Ott add Hoffman when Karlsson will bring that on his own? I think there's a chance Hoffman or Skinner end up in Edm. but not Karlsson... maybe Hanifin though
    If Ottawa gets Yamamoto+Puljujarvi and that 2nd rounder is maybe 2019 1st rounder, I'd say yeah done.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

#DorionOut
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I honestly don't think teams would pay that price for Karlsson on an expiring contract, when they could just wait till he hits Free Agency. Ottawa is a budget team and as long as ownership stays the same they always will be. Regardless of what's being said publicly I can't see them paying him what he'll command on the open market. So instead of loosing him for nothing at the end of the season they have to accept less then market value. They don't get that return without adding in Hoffman, but they won't do the deal unless Edm takes on Ryans horrible contract.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I really hope the Senators don't bundle Ryan with Karlsson because that would seriously hurt the value they're getting in return. Better to trade Karlsson separately and perhaps then use one of those pieces you acquired to get rid of Ryan. Not many teams can afford to eat Ryan's $7.25M and give Karlsson $12M as well, so better to make two separate trades to two separate teams.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I honestly don't think teams would pay that price for Karlsson on an expiring contract, when they could just wait till he hits Free Agency. Ottawa is a budget team and as long as ownership stays the same they always will be. Regardless of what's being said publicly I can't see them paying him what he'll command on the open market. So instead of loosing him for nothing at the end of the season they have to accept less then market value. They don't get that return without adding in Hoffman, but they won't do the deal unless Edm takes on Ryans horrible contract.
    if it's this summer to a team that has a chance to win it all in 18/19 (not Edm) then yes, they'll pay that price, There will also be a clause that they will pay more if he agrees to an extension before becoming a UFA
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I really hope the Senators don't bundle Ryan with Karlsson because that would seriously hurt the value they're getting in return. Better to trade Karlsson separately and perhaps then use one of those pieces you acquired to get rid of Ryan. Not many teams can afford to eat Ryan's $7.25M and give Karlsson $12M as well, so better to make two separate trades to two separate teams.
    I agree, but I as confident as I am that Karlsson is staying in Ottawa, the combination of my hatred for Melnyk and Vegas’ cap space scares the hell out of me.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala