Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grubauer rumours

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Grubauer rumours

A lot of reports the Caps are getting calls on Grubauer and it makes sense they move him if they get a good offer - arb eligible RFA backup who is due to make a good chunk of change.

https://theathletic.com/382945/2018/...na-and-ottawa/

You can't see the full article if you don't subscribe to the Athletic, but it says the Islanders and Hurricanes are interested. I wonder what other teams might be interested - maybe Detroit or Ottawa?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Default Re: Grubauer rumours

NYI - I don't think we'll know anything about Islander moves until the JT situation is cleared up. If JT wants/believes in Grubauer, then sure - it makes sense. If JT believes the NYI need more of a sure thing in goal, it makes less sense to me.

Carolina - is on the hook for $4.15m x 3 years for Darling. Would they really pay another goalie a starter's salary? Especially given what a low budget team they are?

Ottawa - cheapest owner in the world, and he already has Condon and Anderson signed for the next two years. I don't see this happening.

My guesses would be:

Buffalo: Lehner is RFA, I could see them letting him walk TBH and going with Grubauer and Ullmark.

Philadelphia: I wouldn't be shocked if they bought out either Elliot (1 year at 2.75) or Neurvith (1 year at 2.5) to fit in Grubaurer. I know they have Hart and some good prospects, but that doesn't help them now. And Philly is a bold team.

Colarado: very outside chance, but Varly is only signed for one more year.

Detroit: Howard also only signed for one more year.

Edit: McKenzie's most recent podcast said Carolina is very unlikely to buy out Darling and that the owner is not a fan of paying someone not to play for them. Also reiterated what a budget team they are...

Dobber Sports Ace

Long Island seems to be a pretty good fit, assuming they're comfortable going with Grubauer and Greiss. I think it hinges on what other changes they make with the new management group in there. They definitely have a need at the position, and plenty of solid assets to dangle for him for sure.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I say Islanders get Grubs!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't buy the Grubauer to NYI rumours.

Uncle Lou has always ensured he had a current or future star starter in net (Brodeur then Schneider in NJ, Andersen in TOR). He deep-sixes timeshares in net. Adding Grubauer to Griess does not fit the modus operandi. Especially when that was Snow's MO to a tee.

Unless we all think Grubauer can be a dependable 50-60 game starter in the league starting as early as next season...which I just don't see. I see Reimer v2.0.

Alright Dobberites...I'm assuming there's some flaw here in the logic. Lemme know what it is.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Kuznetsov Frost WKarlsson ---MBourque Rossi MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson
    LW: Caufield Hagel Nichushkin EKane---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brown Kakko---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan
    D : Theodore Seider Addison Klingberg Gostisbehere Fehervary---Edvinsson
    G : Talbot Korpisalo ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Chabot Hart Novak Andersen

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts, 1 2nd
    2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

Philadelphia: I wouldn't be shocked if they bought out either Elliot (1 year at 2.75) or Neurvith (1 year at 2.5) to fit in Grubaurer. I know they have Hart and some good prospects, but that doesn't help them now. And Philly is a bold team.
    Hextall has not been as bold as other Flyer Gms have been recently. But I don't think this is overly a bold move. You have two goalies that can't cut it in the playoffs and you have a core that is in a good spot to compete... so you need a goalie. How different of a series would it had been against the Pens if the Flyers had a goalie that could stop something. So Hextall, to keep his core fighting for a run in the playoffs has to do something to keep them pleased... and I think that is getting a better goalie.

I have even heard (Hockey Central at Noon) discuss the possibility that the Flyers would be able to send Neuvirth and some other other assets because Neuvirth is a friendly face in Washington and can be a stop-gap until their young guy is ready in Washington.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post

Uncle Lou has always ensured he had a current or future star starter in net (Brodeur then Schneider in NJ, Andersen in TOR). He deep-sixes timeshares in net. Adding Grubauer to Griess does not fit the modus operandi. Especially when that was Snow's MO to a tee.

Unless we all think Grubauer can be a dependable 50-60 game starter in the league starting as early as next season...which I just don't see. I see Reimer v2.0.

Alright Dobberites...I'm assuming there's some flaw here in the logic. Lemme know what it is.
    I'm with you here....I actually feel like Winnipeg is going to move Mason out and run with Hellebuyck & Hutchinson and Mason in NYI makes a lot of sense.

While Mason isn't really a "star starter", he has had flashes of brilliance and can be a starting goalie.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

it's true, Lou has traded for two goalies - both had played substantial starting roles & it was very clear they had starting G potential. Does he see that with Grubs? Or does Lou see it with someone a bit younger like Gillies or Jarry? Grubaurer will come at a premium, trading a goalie in your own division? That could give a franchise nightmares
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Are other teams really calling the Caps while they're playing in the Stanley Cup Final? I doubt they'd answer any calls right now. At least wait a few days and let them win the Cup first, then you can start calling them.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's true, Lou has traded for two goalies - both had played substantial starting roles & it was very clear they had starting G potential. Does he see that with Grubs? Or does Lou see it with someone a bit younger like Gillies or Jarry? Grubaurer will come at a premium, trading a goalie in your own division? That could give a franchise nightmares
    Good point about moving him in-division. Although my immediate thought was Boston brokering Jones out of LA and to San Jose back a few summers. Might also see another goalie-go-round kind of summer like we did last year.

I still think it would make sense for him to end up in Long Island, but thinking about it, Buffalo would make a lot of sense as well like als_revenge said.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    How different of a series would it had been against the Pens if the Flyers had a goalie that could stop something.
    That wasn't Grubauer though. He started the first two games of the playoffs, had a .837 SV % and a 4.55 GAA. Philly would have been in the same situation with Grubauer.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    I'm with you here....I actually feel like Winnipeg is going to move Mason out and run with Hellebuyck & Hutchinson and Mason in NYI makes a lot of sense.

While Mason isn't really a "star starter", he has had flashes of brilliance and can be a starting goalie.
    I would love to see Mason with the Isles - that's one less team to worry about. Mason is microwaved doughnut soft. You want nothing to do with Steve Mason if you intend to be a playoff contender. He doesn't handle challenges or adversity well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Rumour is he is a Stanley cup Champ and his price just went up. Haha

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The thing is that he doesn't have one now with the Islanders, just like he didn't have one before the Maple Leafs got Andersen. The year before Andersen arrived in Toronto, the goalies were:

Bernier - traded to Anaheim for future considerations weeks after the Andersen deal.
    Reimer - left in free agency
    Sparks - up due to injuries to the other 2 guys, I think. Still in system, playing well with Marlies.

So the Isles need to get a goalie for now, assuming Sorokin/Soderstrom cover the future in net, which is reasonable. I think Grubauer is closer to Andersen than he is to Bernier/Reimer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you can handle 50games in the AHL, and have done roughly 50games in the NHL over the last 2 yrs, testing a goalie out as a 40games starter in the NHL should be considered.

There's not many teams in need of a goalie. It's like Buffalo, NYI, outside shot at Ottawa, and like Philly. He'll go for less than what we all think, in something like a 2nd rounder+. Maybe closer to Talbot trade value (Talbot+7th for 2nd, 3rd, 7th)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll