Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Craig Button final list draft 2018

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Craig Button final list draft 2018

Ok so here's the question. If I am drafting 2nd overall, and Svechnikov is taken, in a points only league, am I a damn fool to take Zadina over Dahlin at 2?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Ok so here's the question. If I am drafting 2nd overall, and Svechnikov is taken, in a points only league, am I a damn fool to take Zadina over Dahlin at 2?
    I might be faced with the same decision and it's not all that clear to me Dahlin is the obvious choice. Now, I am looking at the next 3-4 years, not 5+ years down the road so forwards are a lot more appealing to me.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I dont think anyone can call you a fool at all if you do that. A lot depends on league setup and the value of D but if D are valued straight up like forwards, there's no reason why it shouldn't be a consideration.

At this point we draft on what we know, which for us is limited to what we get from the NHL draft and how they evaluate certain kids. Not unless you yourself is a pro scout for an NHL team and can say they are confident on one kid over another on your own merits.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."