Thread: Keep Muzzin or Mcavoy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Muzzin or Mcavoy

Jut solidifying my roster...keep 18.....it's coming down to Muzzin or Mavoy as my last keeper...straight points with .5 bonus for PPP
    straight pts .5 for ppp keeper 10 teams keep 18
    F Marchand Marner P. Kane Nylander Tkachuk Ovechkin Kessel Toews Monahan Couturier Palmieri Kapanen Wilson Ritchie Kovalchuk Heponiemi
    D Carlson Josi Pietrangelo Mcavoy Ristolainen Fowler Gardiner Myers Lindell
    G Jarry Fleury Bobrovsky Varlamov

straight points keep 22
    F Crosby Giroux Kessel Wheeler Marchand Karlsson Toews Couturier Meier Laine Huberdeau Zucker Monahan Konecny Rust
    D Carlson Burns Hedman Schmidt Fowler Faulk Chychrun Gardiner
    G Hellebucyk Jarry Halak Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Keep Muzzin or Mcavoy

I'd keep McAvoy, - you just traded to get him & Muzzin's ceiling is low 40's. McAvoy gives you a much higher ceiling
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

McAvoy 100%.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

McAvoy for me
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

McAvoy

The Great One

McAvoy has lots of upside, but Krug is the main power play option in Boston.

Muzzin, on the other hand, sees plenty of power play time and scored 14 power play points last year, to only 7 for McAvoy.

Long-term, I like McAvoy, but I confidently feel Muzzin will have more points and more power play points (so an extra .5 per point) than McAvoy next year.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    McAvoy has lots of upside, but Krug is the main power play option in Boston.

Muzzin, on the other hand, sees plenty of power play time and scored 14 power play points last year, to only 7 for McAvoy.

Long-term, I like McAvoy, but I confidently feel Muzzin will have more points and more power play points (so an extra .5 per point) than McAvoy next year.
    There is a lot of merit in this post. Krug is to McAvoy as Ghost is to Provorov. McAvoy is a great hockey player and the day will come when he puts up big fantasy scoring numbers, but not until Krug leaves town in a couple of years. Until then, it's PP2 scraps for McAvoy, while Muzzin should get better PP usage.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Some good points made but McAvoy has lots more upside and I still believe he should be good for 40 points this year despite the pp2 position. I still would bet on him over Muzzin points wise. And you just got him in a trade lol - unless you think you can trade one of the two?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

it's hard to say McAvoy has Krug without in turn saying Muzzin has Doughty.

A big thing to remember is McAvoy was a rookie this past season. that 7PPP is not a baseline moving forward. That's a rookie getting acquainted to the league.

To see him push up to 15PPP himself next year on the 2nd PP unit with DeBrusk, Heinen, Donato, Bjork as all potential PP2 options that gap closers on Muzzin almost overnight
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

McAvoy and it's not close. McAvoy was the Bruins #1 dman at the age of 20 in his rookie season. His ice time is only going to keep going up as he gets comfortable playing in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Legend

McAvoy without second thought.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's hard to say McAvoy has Krug without in turn saying Muzzin has Doughty.

A big thing to remember is McAvoy was a rookie this past season. that 7PPP is not a baseline moving forward. That's a rookie getting acquainted to the league.

To see him push up to 15PPP himself next year on the 2nd PP unit with DeBrusk, Heinen, Donato, Bjork as all potential PP2 options that gap closers on Muzzin almost overnight
    This was my thought as well. The only way I'd prefer Muzzin is if he gets moved somewhere like Edmonton or Vancouver, and even then I'd need to have a reason to think he was being handed the keys to PP1 before I'd be confident in keeping him over McAvoy.