Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adam Mascherin - Back in Draft

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Adam Mascherin - Back in Draft

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Thank you for the list. It proves my point. There are about 5 players in that list that had any fantasy value at all. 2 of those guys are goaltenders which are complete voodoo and not comparable to Mascherin. 2 of the remaining 3 have been arrested. The last one if Matthew Lombardi. That's it in the 54 years of the NHL entry draft.
    So there's a 66 per cent chance of Mascherin being arrested at some point? Not sure what the arrests have to do with anything.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    So there's a 66 per cent chance of Mascherin being arrested at some point? Not sure what the arrests have to do with anything.
    They don't have anything to do with the draft. I just thought it was funny that the 2 most productive NHLers that were drafted twice have both been arrested after their NHL careers were over.

Dobber Sports Jedi

and there's what? a 25% chance he'll play in the NHL? Odds are all of a sudden stacked against this guy. Jail-bait Mascherin his new nickname?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    TWO are starting goalies.

Thank you for the list. It proves my point. There are about 5 players in that list that had any fantasy value at all. 2 of those guys are goaltenders which are complete voodoo and not comparable to Mascherin. 2 of the remaining 3 have been arrested. The last one if Matthew Lombardi. That's it in the 54 years of the NHL entry draft.
    Are you saying Mascherin will be arrested?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    link?

I'm actually interested in the scoop. I think he's a good prospect but if other GMs think he's the devil for not signing with the Panthers then yeah he'll obviously get picked later. Could be a mid-round steal.
    I tried confirming this and also wasn't able to; hard to believe they weren't able to flip him for anything.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Anyone have details on why they weren't able to reach an agreement or was it just that his play hasn't developed well enough to earn a contract?

Forgive me I don't know much about this guy.
    Word is he was upset the Panthers never really communicated with him over the summer last year. Probably due to the front office changes.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    link?

I'm actually interested in the scoop. I think he's a good prospect but if other GMs think he's the devil for not signing with the Panthers then yeah he'll obviously get picked later. Could be a mid-round steal.
    He discussed the situation on his podcast, I believe 2 episodes ago.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good young players don't usually go unsigned, so there aren't really any comparables for this situation. Players usually either get signed or aren't worth being signed.

And just because teams wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder doesn't mean they won't use a 3rd rounder (or even 2nd rounder) to draft him. From their perspective, why would they give the Panthers a free draft pick? And if they traded for him, they would have needed guarantees that Mascherin signs with them. Mascherin probably wasn't willing to promise that.

Dobber Sports Monster

Round 4, 100th overall by the Dallas Stars. The little tank got drafted again. I still remember he had one of the best shots of the 2016 draft.