Thread: Prospect Question

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Prospect Question

Hello!

I'm new to the site and was wondering people's thoughts on the top D prospects this year besides Dahlin. I was planning on drafting 2 Defensive players for my first 2 picks in our Dynasty league. I'm eyeing Boqvist and Bouchard. Will they make immediate impact?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Prospect Question

First... Welcome to the boards!

Second, what are your picks?

Third, what's the rationale for taking 2 D prospects?

Fourth, what is your league scoring system?

Fifth, What else do you have on D/Prospects ?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Thanks!

In the first round I have the 9th and 11th picks and in the 2nd round if have the 3rd and 5th. I like to acquire Defensive prospects, its kinda my M.O I currently have McAvoy and Sergachev on my roster as far as other top rookies go, so the plan was to take 2 top D then go for forwards in the 2nd round.

Scoring is a banger league with Faceoffs and Shots on Goal

Dobber Sports Wizard

Boqvist is 2-3 years away. Hughes, Bouchard and Dobson are closest to playing in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Boqvist is 2-3 years away. Hughes, Bouchard and Dobson are closest to playing in the NHL.

I appreciate the response. I'll keep a close eye on Bouchard and Dobson. Hopefully they fall to the 9th and 11th!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can only see one of them being available by the 9th - unless the rest of your league favours forwards. I wouldn't take 2 Dmen at 9 & 11. I'd take one if any of the big 4 - Dobson, Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard fall that far. I'd take whoever was left of those 4 plus Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk Wahlstrom.

I'd look at Farabee at 11 or Ty Smith (unless someone goes huge homer, I can't see any of the above being available at 11 - if they are then grab whoever it is)

Side note - drafting for positions in the NHL gets frowned upon vs. taking BPA. It's even more so in fantasy hockey (my opinion) and should be avoided at all costs. Take the players with the highest fantasy upside - period. If it's a forward and you want a D - likely in six months your forward with higher ceiling will have higher value than his draft position & will have significantly more trade value - ie: Keller, Tolvanen -- don't get stuck on Dmen is what I am saying.

in a bangers - If Serron Noel is there for your 2-3 - I'd snag him. The 2-5 pick Denisenkov/Kravstov due to offensive ceiling.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Boqvist is an interesting choice. He brings out the same type of offense and delivers the same output as a defenseman. It would be cool to take Kotkaniemi too.