Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canucks and Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Canucks and Hurricanes

Elliotte Friedman said on his 31 Thoughts podcast that any rumour you hear about any Canes players is just the owner shopping around all his players not named Sebastian Aho to see what kind of value they have on the open market. There's probably more truth to that than the Canes being serious about trading Hanifin. His all-star game appearance will further inflate his value (superficially) and make it even more difficult to find a trading partner.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

of course Van would be interested in Hanifin - so are 30 other teams (yes, I'd argue Carolina's interested in keeping him too) The biggest hole on Carolina as stated previously is in net and at centre. Van won't move Demko. just won't - That leaves Horvat & Pettersson. A Horvat - Hanifin deal doesn't look too bad at first glance but then Van is left with a gaping hole at C and still require 4 more quality D among a slew of other pieces to become competitive. Carolina will find better offers elsewhere if they are seriously shopping Hanifin.

Van's cupboard just isn't deep enough to make this type of trade, not yet.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The only way that makes sense is if a team goes full tanking
    As they should.

The prize - Jack Hughes. The location - Vancouver (Hosting '19 NHL Entry Draft).

Hughes
    Pettersson
    Boeser
    Demko

Now you're talking.

Anything of value that isn't tied down (prospects, picks) should be traded away to make this team worse in '18-19. They need to go full bore 2014-2015 Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Horvat and Demko are not so bad....
    They aren’t trading them for Hanafin though. Even Benning wouldn’t do that.

re tanking: they won’t need to tank, they’re just gonna be that bad.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think the Canucks started tanking for Hughes when they signed Eriksson to a 6-year deal.
    Ugh.

They won't be good this year. They weren't good last year, and they lost the Sedins (who, despite being old, were still reasonably productive).

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Canucks started tanking for Hughes when they signed Eriksson to a 6-year deal.
    Ugh.

They won't be good this year. They weren't good last year, and they lost the Sedins (who, despite being old, were still reasonably productive).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We wont get Hughes unfortunately. We are damned with terrible luck here.

Also, none of our fans would be OK with parting with either one of Demko or Horvat (especially Horvat). I've found that the fans here seem to think Horvat is the next Toews. We'll have to wait and see I guess... The fans are so rabid here that they'd probably need convincing to trade Virtanen for Hanafin, straight up. My money is on the Canucks trying to sign one of the many free agents available this year (J Carlson and JVR are spec'd) and leave it at that.
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

** We might get Quinton Hughes though **
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eppigram View Post
    ** We might get Quinton Hughes though **
    you should be stoked to get Q. Hughes. Nothing in the 'Nuck's system like him

Dobber Sports Deity

There was an interesting read on The Athletic today about Vancouver's possible interest in Hanifin and the cost. The writer seems to think Carolina would want the 7th overall plus a NHL roster player of some quality. Who that player is would be arguable I am sure. The biggest question is, can the Canucks draft someone at 7th overall who would be just as good as Hanifin? Who knows.

This circles back to the OPs trade proposal. I dont think Virtanen would be a good enough addition to the 7th overall for Hanifin, let alone getting Jeff Skinner as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

The nucks trading their 7th for Skinner would be just stupid. They need more picks for the rebuild not to trade them away. They can sign a UFA capable of 46 points like Perron - short term.
    Better yet they should be taking on a bad contract for picks - i.e. Dubinsky
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot