Thread: Morrissey or Lindell or Girard or Heiskanen or Deangelo or Djoos pts only salary cap

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Morrissey or Lindell or Girard or Heiskanen or Deangelo or Djoos pts only salary cap

Who?s the best pick for next year pts only ans salary cap between:

Lindell
    Morrissey
    Girard
    Heiskanen
    Deangelo
    Djoos

and why?
    Keeper dynasty cap hit (same as NHL)
    16 teams 4 divisions, 2 conference. G=1 A=1, PTS only

19 skaters min. 12 foward, 6 defence and 1 goalie...max 25 skaters, 3 foward spares, 2 def spares and 1 goalie spare.....19 best pts count

Players lock in 2017-2018 and the year remeaning in my team
    fowards:

-P.Kane 2
    -Eichel 1
    -Matthews 2
    -Aho 2

Defences:
    -Werenski 1
    -Provorov 1
    -Butcher 2
    -Pulock 1
    -
    -

Goalies:
    -

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Morrissey or Lindell or Girard or Heiskanen or Deangelo or Djoos pts only salary cap

next season? that's tough... for 18/19 season I'd rank them

DeAngelo - finally realizes he has to commit to the sport, removes head from ass & takes what should be his #1 PP & starts a Ghost-esque trajectory.
    Girard - best opportunity for prime point producing minutes
    Lindell entering 3rd season - lots of opportunity
    Morrissey - stuck behind Trouba & Byfuglien, will eat tough PK minutes for the next season
    Djoos - if they don't sign Carlson, I'll bump him above Morrissey, lots of potential - needs the minutes
    Heiskanen - long term, my favorite of the group, but temper expectations in his first season - limited PP time.
    DeAngelo - spends another year in the AHL
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Morrissey or Lindell or Girard or Heiskanen or Deangelo or Djoos pts only salary cap

For next season:

Girard - Best opportunity of this group. He is all offense so expect 2:30+PPTOI but likely a sub 18:30TOI. I predict him for 36pts but expect some streakiness. Safe bet would be 28-35pts.

Lindell - His 22:00TOI last season is very impressive but his PPTOI isn't amazing. Honka and Hieskanen should be on the team full time next year which will show him some competition but due to his all around game, I suspect we see 22:00TOI with around 2:00PPTOI. Good for 33pts, much safer bet then Girard but I'd still rank him just below him.

Morrissey - His 20:27TOI is impressive for the blueline but he had virtually no PPTOI. Unless Trouba, Myers, or Buff miss extended time, this likely won't change. I originally had him for 34pts but after reviewing him I changed that to 29pts. He had 8 of his 26pts in December so if he can do a consistent 29pts this will actually be a very productive season of growth.

Hieskanen - D are slow to join the league, even if they are high end prospects. Longterm I think Hieskanen is the best piece overall here (unless straight points where Girard might be). Don't expect much from him next year though, just a 18-25pt season.

DeAngelo - The NYR have a mess of a blueline. Shattenkirk will run PP1 though. Skjei has a big shot and will challenge DeAngelo for 2nd D out the door (PP1 or PP2 mattering if they use 2D or not). Poink and UFAs also cause a risk. There is no doubt that DeAngelo is talented but until he has a full season he will be inconsistent and hard to value. I will say he gets 25pts next year but won't play 80 games.

Djoos - 14:00TOI last year. Everyone likes to say that when Carlson leaves he might be the big riser but I don't see it. Orlov will become the #1 dude with Niskanen also having a shot at it. Djoos has such major holes in his game that until he is FULLY embraced (which may never come), he will likely be passed up for safer and more reliable pieces. We need to think of this from a coaching perspective not fantasy POV. I see WSH trusting better defensive players purely because they don't want the PK to score. E.G. Beauchimen in ANA use to get insane PPTOI because he could watch the backend and not look like a fool. Look for a very inconsistent 22pt campaign from Djoos but the emergence of Orlov, Niskanen & Bowey. I also think WSH signs a top 4 D.

Put salary into perspective and I rate them as follows:

Girard
    Lindell
    Hieskanen
    DeAngelo (assuming no FA is signed that is substantial)
    Morrissey
    Djoos
    10 Team - Limited Keeper based off Standings
    G (5 points), A (5), STP (1), PIM (0.3), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blks (.2), W (7 points), SO (7), Saves (0.2), GA (-1)

F:Laine, Eichel, Marner, Keller, Landeskog, Schmaltz, Skinner, Palat, Saad, Domi
    D:Karlsson,Fowler, Klefbom
    G:Talbot, Bishop, Schneider, Crawford
    Prospects:Dubios, DeBrincat, Tuch, Girard, Kerfoot

Keep 13 for 2018, For sure keepers in bold - maybe keepers italic
    2nd Overall Pick 2018

Dobber Sports Stud

next year, i'd go with girard, then Morrissey. I don't see heiskanen putting up too many points as a rookie, especially with klingberg in front of him. Lindell and djoos will never be big time point producers, and I don't think Deangelo pans out at all. girard has barrie in front of him, but that's it. however, after next year, he'll have makar to deal with. Morrissey has also got a lot of guys to contend with, but he was playing on the top pairing with trouba in the playoffs (however without PP time) so he'll get enough opportunities to outpoint the other guys on this list, besides for girard.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lindell
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    next season? that's tough... for 18/19 season I'd rank them

DeAngelo - finally realizes he has to commit to the sport, removes head from ass & takes what should be his #1 PP & starts a Ghost-esque trajectory.
    Girard - best opportunity for prime point producing minutes
    Lindell entering 3rd season - lots of opportunity
    Morrissey - stuck behind Trouba & Byfuglien, will eat tough PK minutes for the next season
    Djoos - if they don't sign Carlson, I'll bump him above Morrissey, lots of potential - needs the minutes
    Heiskanen - long term, my favorite of the group, but temper expectations in his first season - limited PP time.
    DeAngelo - spends another year in the AHL
    Agree completely with the two sentences I put in bold above.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy