Thread: multicat young defensemen (keep 1)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default multicat young defensemen (keep 1)

G A SOG PPA PPG PIM HIT BLK

Who would you keep?
    • Nikita Zadorov
    • Darnell Nurse
    • Josh Manson

Zadorov gets huge hits, Nurse gets decent shots/blocks, and Manson is a bit of everything.

Zadorov and Nurse both have decent potential for more offense IMO. Zadorov is never taking over any PP though. Nurse possibly but Klefbom probably keeps it.
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: multicat young defensemen (keep 1)

I think I would be waiting to find out what Nurse gets as an RFA this year. In a cap league, that salary number could be as important as the actual stats they put up.

NURSE = RFA
    MANSON = $4.1M for the next 4 years
    ZADOROV = $2.15M next year then he is an RFA (again)

Manson may be the play here just based on that locked in cap hit for the next 4 seasons. Thou, I do want to know what Nurse gets before making that call.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Moses is reading his stone tablets correctly IMO. Mason until Nurse’s contract proves differently.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with the rest. Manson is the clear cut choice here if you can stomach his cap hit. I think Nurses contract will be in the same neighborhood and if that's the case I'm still going Manson
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Monster

I would also go with Manson here. Looking like a complete stud.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm surprised by Manson being the clear winner here. I had always thought he would be a better real life D than fantasy.

Here are their stats compared after Jan 1st (because prior to that Zadorov was getting scratched and he found a more stable role and improved quite a bit) for my league:

Player (games, TOI avg) G A PPP SOG HIT BLK PIM
    Manson (43 GP, TOI 20:00) 4 16 0 55 102 56 19
    Zadorov (48 GP, TOI 18:20) 5 8 0 59 211 61 85
    Nurse (42 GP, TOI 21:30) 4 8 0 100 82 88 25

Zadorov had so much more hits and PIM he was looking like he could turn into a beast for multicat. Especially if he can gain some offense. Manson definitely had the advantage of more assists and is probably in a good position due to his value to the team.

Even Nurse had the 4th highest shots on the season for a defenseman at 5on5 at 174 (only less than Burns, Hamilton, Jones). I wish he would get some PP but Klefbom likely takes it again.

Does everyone see Manson having a big breakout next season? I just don't see him getting much more opportunity on the Ducks than he had this year.
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso

Dobber Sports Sage

I like mansons cap hit but would like to see where nurse ends up. I think I'd eliminate zadorov. Probably Manson for me.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

I think there are a few things to take into consideration here.

Contracts certainly come into play. I do think the Oilers are going to lock up Nurse to a long term deal and it should be pretty close to what Manson is getting. Zadorov is harder to determine. He signed his bridge deal and played really well this year for the Avs. I can see him getting a long term deal in the similar range as well.

Next, I dont think any of these three ever become big point producers so that doesnt really come into consideration for me.

If it's me, I'd go with Zadorov. I like have my Dmen produce the dirty categories as much as possible. If you can get offense from them while they offer that then that is a bonus to me. As I said, I dont expect any of them to be big point producers so why not go with the one guy who contributes the most to your lineup. For me, that's Zadorov.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."