Thread: Multi-cat prospects in the upcoming draft

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Multi-cat prospects in the upcoming draft

Like everyone else, I'm prepping for our fantasy draft, but most of my pools are multicat based. Primarily hits, blocks and PIMs.

Any multi-cat guys you would target in the 2018 draft?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Multi-cat prospects in the upcoming draft

Well, the obvious answer here is Tkachuk.

Also, if multicat is the case, I'd lean away from Hughes and Boqvist on D. (But not too far away, because I thing their offensive upsides are tremendous.)

So there's a start...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Expert

Serron Noel and K’Andre Miller are two guys who immediately came to mind.

Another guy to look into is Kirill Marchenko. Corey Pronman at the Athletic had him ranked in his Top-20 and had his physical game relatively high-rated. I don't know much about him yet, he's near the top of my research list. I can't wait to see what Dobber’s 2018 Fantasy Hockey Prospects Report says about him this weekend!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Serron Noel and K’Andre Miller are two guys who immediately came to mind.

Another guy to look into is Kirill Marchenko. Corey Pronman at the Athletic had him ranked in his Top-20 and had his physical game relatively high-rated. I don't know much about him yet, he's near the top of my research list. I can't wait to see what Dobber’s 2018 Fantasy Hockey Prospects Report says about him this weekend!
    came to list the same two guys.. Noel would be the guy to target if you need MC outside the top 10
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

It's starting to look like aside from a few exceptions it's going to be very difficult for "multi-cat guys" (ie relying more on physicality than skill) to make their mark in the NHL. Essentially our fantasy teams will have to get hits/PIM by committee rather than owning a few players that dominate. So guys with more of an edge are moved up a few spots but skill, hockey sense, scoring ability, etc are far more meaningful from where I stand. Sure, grinders and bruisers will still make it in depth roles and they'll contribute a bit but is that what you're looking for from your high draft picks?

Note: dmen are much different. Hits/blocks are important here, so find yourself strong two-way guys who will be put out there in all situations.

I don't have a list on me but just wanted to share my own observations in the bigger picture.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

A few players I mentioned in my latest SHL Report: David Gustafsson will be great at faceoffs and provide some hits and points. Adam Ginning will be very good for hits and blocks but won't give you anything offensively. Albin Eriksson could be good for PIM and some hits along with points but there's risk.