31 Samuelsson, Matthias LD USA U18 NTDP

Goalies
    1 Rodrigue, Olivier G Drummondville QMJHL
    2 Mandolese, Kevin G Cape Breton QMJH
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: ISS Final Rankings for 2018 NHL Draft

No kravstov and no bump to kotkaniemi like others.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    No kravstov and no bump to kotkaniemi like others.
    both have been very low on ISS rankings all year - not sure Kravstov made it higher than 25 at any point
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    both have been very low on ISS rankings all year - not sure Kravstov made it higher than 25 at any point
    Yeah I've been waiting to see if they've give kravstov a bump. He's a prospect with a lot of varying opinions.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

ISS has a tendency to undervalue European prospects. It was very noticeable last year when they didn't have Heiskanen in their top 30 for most of the season. I think they added him for last two months when it was already obvious he was going to be a very high pick. Not sure if it's because they don't have enough scouts in Europe or because their European scouts can't get their voice heard there. Strong preference for prospects who play in North America.

Then again, having Ginning that high goes against what I just said. I have no explanation for that. Taking Ginning that high would be equally good as it was for the Jets to take Logan Stanley in that range.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    ISS has a tendency to undervalue European prospects. It was very noticeable last year when they didn't have Heiskanen in their top 30 for most of the season. I think they added him for last two months when it was already obvious he was going to be a very high pick. Not sure if it's because they don't have enough scouts in Europe or because their European scouts can't get their voice heard there. Strong preference for prospects who play in North America.

Then again, having Ginning that high goes against what I just said. I have no explanation for that. Taking Ginning that high would be equally good as it was for the Jets to take Logan Stanley in that range.
    You pointed that out to me a while back and I take their rankings, with euro guys, with a little grain of salt. I try to take in as much information as I can but you have to know the strengths and weaknesses of publications/scouts/draft gurus.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

Dobber Sports Legend

Ty Smith at 19 sticks out to me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    You pointed that out to me a while back and I take their rankings, with euro guys, with a little grain of salt. I try to take in as much information as I can but you have to know the strengths and weaknesses of publications/scouts/draft gurus.
    That's the right way to look at things. Everyone and all the groups have their blind spots and their tendencies/biases. You can learn something from all the rankings if you just know what those things are.

Dobber Sports Ace

JP, in your opinion, who has the most reliable ranking for European players? I'm trying to up my game on prospects research a bit this summer, and it's tough to find unbiased opinions from this side of the Atlantic. I feel like I'm just so overly immersed in Toronto area media that it's hard for the other voices to not get drowned out, and that just leaves me targeting the same players as everyone else in my pools.

Edit: Outside of DobberProspects articles of course. Definitely love those, it's actually why I'm singling JP out to ask him for more advice! Hah.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kotkaniemi 16th.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    JP, in your opinion, who has the most reliable ranking for European players? I'm trying to up my game on prospects research a bit this summer, and it's tough to find unbiased opinions from this side of the Atlantic. I feel like I'm just so overly immersed in Toronto area media that it's hard for the other voices to not get drowned out, and that just leaves me targeting the same players as everyone else in my pools.

Edit: Outside of DobberProspects articles of course. Definitely love those, it's actually why I'm singling JP out to ask him for more advice! Hah.
    Corey Pronman and Steve Kournianos (TheDraftAnalyst.com) seem to be two guys with reliable rankings of European players. I'm not saying I agree with them 100% but they're good talent evaluators, and based on their Twitter activity, they watch a ton of European hockey.

I would also recommend the website DraftinEU.com for more information about European prospects, and if you're on Twitter, Dennis Schellenberg (European Head Scout at FutureConsiderations) is a good guy to follow.

Most international scouting services undervalue European prospects because most of their scouts are in North America and don't have similar access to games in European leagues, so you're right, it's really difficult to find rankings that properly valuate both North American prospects as well as European prospects.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Corey Pronman and Steve Kournianos (TheDraftAnalyst.com) seem to be two guys with reliable rankings of European players. I'm not saying I agree with them 100% but they're good talent evaluators, and based on their Twitter activity, they watch a ton of European hockey.

I would also recommend the website DraftinEU.com for more information about European prospects, and if you're on Twitter, Dennis Schellenberg (European Head Scout at FutureConsiderations) is a good guy to follow.

Most international scouting services undervalue European prospects because most of their scouts are in North America and don't have similar access to games in European leagues, so you're right, it's really difficult to find rankings that properly valuate both North American prospects as well as European prospects.
    This also explains in part why so much emphasis gets put on international tournaments. it's the only time prospects can be evaluated together - against one another directly. Rightly or wrongly, WJC & U18's hold as much weight as they do & influence rankings because of this
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

This also explains in part why so much emphasis gets put on international tournaments. it's the only time prospects can be evaluated together - against one another directly. Rightly or wrongly, WJC & U18's hold as much weight as they do & influence rankings because of this
    This is true. Biggest mistakes are usually made because someone makes a decision based on one short tournament. Players can be scorching hot or ice cold during a short tournament but decisions are often made based on them.

Dobber Sports Ace

Awesome! Thanks. Knew you'd have a solid view of it. I find that with sports reporting (or any news reporting at all really), the best way to be informed is to find as many different viewpoints as I can.