Thread: Grubauer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Grubauer

Where do you guys see Grubauer playing next season? Do you think Washington will try and sign him to a short term deal until Samsonov is ready to fill in as back-up? Based on Copley's stats in the AHL this year he doesn't appear ready to take over as back-up and I doubt Samsonov steps into that role right away.

I'm high on Grubauer and looking to acquire him but unless he'll be a starter next season I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on any deals.

Thanks in advance! Will rep where possible.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Grubauer

I think there are a few reasons why he might get moved, but as is the case the teams usually hold onto their surplus assets until theyre forced to do something. Grubauer has arb rights this summer which teams usually don't love, but it could also be an impediment to trading him. He has earned himself a pretty big raise, and the Caps may not have an appetite to pay two goalies big money, especially when they might need it for Carlson. But let's say Carlson walks - suddenly having two solid goaltending options becomes more realistic. It could be July before we know which way this going. It's quite possible a team that needs a goalie like Carolina could come knocking, but otherwise usually it's a good bet to just expect the player to stay put. I haven't read any rumours about Grubauer being on the block but when the season ends that speculation will ramp up fast.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Big Daddy

If Grubauer were a UFA I'd see him move to a team like NYI or Carolina but he is an RFA. I think for that reason alone, he stays in Washington. The team has control over him.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Master

capfriendly is showing an estimated 66.468 mil payroll for 2018-19 and thats without raises for carlson ufa , t. wilson rfa (arb eligible) , smith-pelley rfa (arb eligible) and of course Grubauer

I could be reading their chart wrong though but for reference I used the ''projected cap hit'' line of 66.468 but theres also a line ''estimated salary expenditure'' that shows 72.7 mil .

so even if you used the lower of the two numbers and the sal cap goes to 80 m that leaves them 14 m to play with to get unsigned players locked up