View Poll Results: Fellow Ontarian's... Who are you voting for in the upcoming Provincial Election?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • Liberal

3 10.00%
  • PC

15 50.00%
  • NDP

7 23.33%
  • Green

4 13.33%
  • Other (if so...who and why? - Comments)

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Help an Ontarian out. WHO THE HELL DO I VOTE FOR IN THE UPCOMING PROVINCIAL ELLECTION?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Help an Ontarian out. WHO THE HELL DO I VOTE FOR IN THE UPCOMING PROVINCIAL ELLECTION?

I know politics can be an extremely bias and hot topic. I'm just trying to get an idea on who fellow Ontarians are leaning toward in the upcoming election.

I'm sick of the Liberals and will not support them. Seems to be the trend with current polls.
    Watching Ford run amuck reminds me of Trump... and having done but a little research into the PC platform... so many questions... not enough answers (THAT MAKE SENSE).
    NDP ... Our Local Candidate is extremely young and does not instill confidence. Then there's the Bob Ray Aftershock that continues to fester in my mind.

That leaves Green for me.

I'm fear, ONCE AGAIN... I'll be walking up to the poll stations, holding my nose, taking one big swallow and simply making the selection that nauseates me least. AND I'M SICK OF FEELING THIS WAY.

What am I missing out there? I really don't have the time to delve deeply into each platform... hoping maybe some fellow Ontarian's have a grasp of one or more nuggets of information that may help me decide.

Thanks... and apologies for bring a political (literally) item to the forum. But I'm looking for help.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Help an Ontarian out. WHO THE HELL DO I VOTE FOR IN THE UPCOMING PROVINCIAL ELLECTION?

I am not a fellow Ontario and I know politics are a touchy subject. I know Ford reminds a lot of people like Trump... but is Trump working to improve the American economy??? That is another debate for another time.

But the little bit that I have been following leads me to this website..... https://www.itstartsrightnow.ca/righ...ader_doug_ford

And I know the abortion discussion is another touchy subject, but I think it it is an important one. And I am going to leave it at that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Help an Ontarian out. WHO THE HELL DO I VOTE FOR IN THE UPCOMING PROVINCIAL ELLECTION?

it sucks that no party - federal or provincial seems to give a rats ass about the citizens that vote for them. Every election we get further and further away from the actual meaning of democracy and merge closer to corporatocracy. It makes no sense to vote for the best candidate, as the Premier or Prime Minister one can argue holds more executive power than the President (within their country). Basically, provincially, voting comes down to two lines of thought - which party is likely to screw things up the least? which candidate in my riding is most likely to win?

Where I live, NDP rules the day federally and provincially. It's would appear to be a waste of a vote to go elsewhere - You can call the office and say "I voted for X" - now listen to my complaint
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

No matter which way you lean politically, you're gonna be holding your nose when you vote on this one.

For me, I reject Ford as he's pretty much the antithesis on some/most of my core beliefs. The Trump parallels don't help his cause either.

I also reject Wynne for proven incompetence. There is no chance the Libs deserve another shot at further degrading the province into a quagmire of shit.

So for me, it's NDP, Green or don't vote.

These remaining options instill no confidence. At all.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports All-Star

I am having the same issue. This is probably the worst list of candidates in a while.

This reminds of the US presidential election. Not a fan of Ford. Kind of like Trump but not really. I thought I would vote for Andrea Horvath, but every time she speaks, I lose more confidence in her. The 1.4 billion dollar calculation error didn't look good. May not have been her fault but it does reflect badly on her. I don't agree with much Kathleen Wynne stands for economically.

So yeah, the Green it may be....then again, I may just stay home and watch CNN where its always happy hour.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    No matter which way you lean politically, you're gonna be holding your nose when you vote on this one.

For me, I reject Ford as he's pretty much the antithesis on some/most of my core beliefs. The Trump parallels don't help his cause either.

I also reject Wynne for proven incompetence. There is no chance the Libs deserve another shot at further degrading the province into a quagmire of shit.

So for me, it's NDP, Green or don't vote.

These remaining options instill no confidence. At all.
    In certain situations, this is just as impactful as voting. Abstention is a choice

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for the sound in so far.

One group that cracks me up is the "None of the Above" party.

These guys have to hope for strategic ballot placement here right? It would be hilarious if they ended up at the top of the ballot... there goes their entire platform.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Thanks for the sound in so far.

One group that cracks me up is the "None of the Above" party.

These guys have to hope for strategic ballot placement here right? It would be hilarious if they ended up at the top of the ballot... there goes their entire platform.
    I'm waiting for the rise of a 'grass roots' or 'people's' party - where they openly reject corporatocracy

Administrator

I'm jaded by politics. They play a game that doesn't interest me. It doesn't relate to me in any way where I can invest my time and attention. Regardless of their "beliefs" tons of campaign promises do not get fulfilled and it always seems like "same shit different pile" regardless of who is in power.

All I know is I won't be voting for the "top two" parties.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In certain situations, this is just as impactful as voting. Abstention is a choice
    Can't say I agree with this. Removing yourself from the decision making simply makes the voices of those who do remain that much more impactful.

Granted, the bump on a per-removed-vote basis is completely negligible. But if enough people selfishly say "all these candidates suck so I won't choose one" and hope that the consensus votes prudently enough, you end up with Brexit.

So I'm also determined to vote too.

But good GOD all the choices on the menu look like shit.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Can't say I agree with this. Removing yourself from the decision making simply makes the voices of those who do remain that much more impactful.

Granted, the bump on a per-removed-vote basis is completely negligible. But if enough people selfishly say "all these candidates suck so I won't choose one" and hope that the consensus votes prudently enough, you end up with Brexit.

so far, I haven't missed voting in a political vote - federal or provincial... municipal, until I became a home owner -- a different story. There will come a day that I just won't be able to vote for any of the clowns running. When that day comes - a phone call will be made to my local office - for each major party and I will tell them I am abstaining because all options suck.

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed, at least pick the party/candidate that you dislike the least. Choosing not to vote also should remove your right to complain about the outcomes later on IMO.

I'm pleasantly surprised by all the statements in this thread that the Green party is a possible option to many people. Very interesting. But if the NDP can win an election in Alberta then why not give the Greens a shot?

Administrator

Is there such thing as a prudent vote when all the choices on the menu look like shit?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is there such thing as a prudent vote when all the choices on the menu look like shit?
    Sure. Choose the least shitty choice. It's a shit equation, but you gotta solve it anyways. Bring lots of toilet paper.

Dobber Sports Pro

From an outside of Ontario perspective:

Ford has what... 4 scandals going on with his campaign right now? Vote rigging, buying memberships, I forget the rest.... I don't get the Ford love ever (sorry if anyone is a Ford fan), but this rich family posing as "every-man's" just bugs me. He is not like Trump though, that is a silly caparison, but Ford does lie routinely. The "saved a billion for the city of Toronto" that has routinely been debunked is my favorite. He also does not have much of a fiscal plan, and I believe there is a $4B hole in his campaign where they say they will "find it later" ... Now this just sounds like I hate Ford and maybe I do haha

Wynne... uhh yeah Ontario Liberals have proven to be inept and corrupt I would 100% not back them #HydroOne

Howarth (NDP) at least has kind of a plan, but yeah she is routinely losing momentum her party gains by talking.

Also what dummies are Ford and Howarth by saying they will fix gas prices. If you are a provincial party you can't do anything that effects gas prices!!! Morons. Well unless you want to give out subsidies or tax breaks?

Anyway good luck
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league