Thread: Vilardi vs Thomas vs Necas?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Vilardi vs Thomas vs Necas?

I'm wondering, if you're a team in need of a center, which one are you picking for the long term?

The league involves pretty much every standards categories up to blocked shots, hits and the likes. We fall short of takeaways and giveaways obviously.

I keep reading amazing things on these 3 but nothing to really set them apart. My feeling is Thomas looks like the most complete of the bunch with Vilardi being the most offensively gifted, but I'm at a loss honestly.

There's a couple more players available but they seem to be ranked lower unless I'm totally mistaken: Yamamoto, Chytil, Frost, Suzuki, Tippett, Glass.

Thank you!

The Great One

Default Re: Vilardi vs Thomas vs Necas?

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how many of these guys will end up as C's once their in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would prefer a C, but in the end BPA is probably the best way to go

Dobber Sports Titan

My top three on this list based on pure upside would be (in no particular order) Glass, Suzuki and Necas.
    Thomas is going to be in the NHL producing very soon, but he may top out as a Kadri type of second line centre.
    Vilardi has some knocks on his skating, but also a very high ceiling. Reminds me a little bit of Tavares, but a lite version. Similar style but maybe 65 points as a max instead of 85.

The rest have some upside, but I would go with
    Glass/Suzuki/Necas
    Then Vilardi.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would probably go Necas, has one of the highest ceilings & there really isn't another C in that system he can't bump within a couple years of playing time. LA has Carter/Kopitar, Vegas has Karlsson.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would probably go Necas, has one of the highest ceilings & there really isn't another C in that system he can't bump within a couple years of playing time. LA has Carter/Kopitar, Vegas has Karlsson.
    We are on the same page here although Vilardi is also great.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by theblazingrookie View Post
    We are on the same page here although Vilardi is also great.
    Agreed. Vilardi's going to be a stud. That shot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4