Thread: Obama's coming to Netflix USA

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Obama's coming to Netflix USA

Not really sure what this means or where it's headed but ok...

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/998594451378397185

President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Obama's coming to Netflix USA

Netflix is going to feel their audience possibly shrink going into 2019.

Our house has been primarily streaming Netflix since we got it around 2012.
    But, apparently, Disney is pulling their stuff off at the end of this year.
    I've been tracking our usage... and the kids are drifting towards more kid-friendly content machines like Disney, Nick Jr, and Amazon.

Netflix has had some good original shows - my fave being House of Cards... but we rarely watch their movie catalog anymore.
    In fact, it feels like they've issued so much Netflix-Original content that it waters the choices down and we struggle to know what the talked-about show is that anybody is watching.
    We've trended back to googling "popular streaming shows" and have ended up watching things on Hulu, Amazon, FX, and AMC.

We may actually cut Netflix, our rock, from our streaming to start 2019... I don't know... my wife says the kids still watch it... but I haven't seen them turn it on in months.

So... sort of makes sense that Netflix has to pick a direction.
    And it looks like they are going after the "original content"/documentary/politico-types.
    That seems to be their market-demographic... and they'd have the stats to know... so it doesn't surprise me to see them try to feature the "Obamas" in some way.
    They surely know their base - and it seems they've picked a side!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Obama's coming to Netflix USA

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Netflix is going to feel their audience possibly shrink going into 2019.

Our house has been primarily streaming Netflix since we got it around 2012.
    But, apparently, Disney is pulling their stuff off at the end of this year.
    I've been tracking our usage... and the kids are drifting towards more kid-friendly content machines like Disney, Nick Jr, and Amazon.

Netflix has had some good original shows - my fave being House of Cards... but we rarely watch their movie catalog anymore.
    In fact, it feels like they've issued so much Netflix-Original content that it waters the choices down and we struggle to know what the talked-about show is that anybody is watching.
    We've trended back to googling "popular streaming shows" and have ended up watching things on Hulu, Amazon, FX, and AMC.

We may actually cut Netflix, our rock, from our streaming to start 2019... I don't know... my wife says the kids still watch it... but I haven't seen them turn it on in months.

So... sort of makes sense that Netflix has to pick a direction.
    And it looks like they are going after the "original content"/documentary/politico-types.
    That seems to be their market-demographic... and they'd have the stats to know... so it doesn't surprise me to see them try to feature the "Obamas" in some way.
    They surely know their base - and it seems they've picked a side!
    pretty much what we do as well. We cancelled cable & Netflix & just stream everything & use google to tell us what's new (well the android box also tells us what's new), what's 'hip' ... I'll check out the Obama's at least once
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4