Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lehner for Darling one for one trade offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Lehner for Darling one for one trade offer

Hello gents! I own darling in a keeper league and I got offered Robin Lehner straight up. Thoughts? Does anyone thing Darling has a bounce back season under a new coach or that Lehner has the more productive season in 18-19 and looking forward. Thanks for your awesome input guys!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Lehner for Darling one for one trade offer

Until I see where Lehner goes and what he gets for a contract, I'm keeping Darling here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree that I would prefer Darling. No guarantee Lehner doesn't turn into Niemi at this point. Darling has to have some kind of bounce back...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Wow. Two steaming piles of "you know what" to choose from...

What are your categories?

Absent that info, my instinct is to keep Darling. I have more faith in Carolina (in the short term) than Buffalo. I'm also not sure what the future holds for Lehner. Darling's contract should ensure he gets a chance to be a starter. What he does with it, though, I'm not so sure....

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't even know if Darling will be the starter in Carolina this year tbh, even if he does get the chance at the start of the year. GM Waddell has made it clear that he is unhappy with the goalie situation and will look to shake it up. To me that means someone who can at least split with Darling. Ward was better than Darling, but assuming Ward is the one who leaves, his replacement will come in and either take the job or take a big chunk of starts. Lehner is in arguably a worse situation (contractually, and we don't know if he'd be the starter elsewhere) than Darling, but I think he is a better goalie. But for now, I'd say keep Darling until more news comes out.

How big a decision is this for your team, and can you afford to wait to see what happens in Carolina and/or Buffalo first? Who knows when those situations get resolved.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks guys..bobrovsky and raanta are my two starters..darling is my 3rd goalie and I have Hutchinson as my 4th hoping he gets a chance to play somewhere next year. In our set up, 4 points for a win, minus 2 for a loss. Saves are worth 0.2 and goals against -1. Im hoping darling gets hot and I can even use him as trade bait next season. Goalies are hot commodities in our pool with 16 gms.

The Great One

All in all, the move seems lateral at best. And I hate lateral moves. So many question marks...

Dobber Sports Jedi

I actually like Lehner here, his #'s in Buffalo all things considered (the team in front of him) aren't massively awful. A new team/better team & he's pushing top 15 goalie.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

i kept waiting for Lehner to pick it up for few years now, im not sure its ever going to happen. He got a talent but cant put it together. I do think he still hold value, i managed to trade him + Tolvanen for M Jones.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Eihter of them could be on the move, neither were good last year. At least I'm pretty sure Darling will have a NHL job next year, so Darling.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure why everyone is so high on Darling here....he hasn't proven that he can be a starting goalie.

At least with Lehner you know what you're getting, cold streak / hot streak / cold streak.

He's good for a spot start here and there especially as your team's third starter.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

No. I wouldn't not make that trade. If he is offering it.. he clearly prefers Darling over Lehner. So at the very least get him to toss a pick upgrade into the deal. Then I would take it.. because both of these goalies could be starters or in the minors next year.

As mentioned above... you can wait until you know more information.. but as more information becomes available to you, it also becomes available to the other manager and the offer might become obsolete.

Dobber Sports Pro

I actually prefer Lehner.

But PenguinHunter's post is awesome advice-- just throw in a pick and the deal becomes worthwhile to you. That extra asset could potentially carry a lot more upside than an unreliable 3rd goalie with little room for growth.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also would take Lehner if I had to choose.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Lehner over Darling. I don't think last season was a abnormality. I truly think he's nothing more than a decent backup. Lehner had decent numbers on a worse team. Even if he ends up somewhere else, I'm sure he'll do better. Considering your current crop of goalies, I'd rather have Lehner in that group over Darling. Just my opinion.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov