Thread: Drouin vs NugentHopkins vs Horvat vs sReinhart

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drouin vs NugentHopkins vs Horvat vs sReinhart

Out of the four listed (nuge drouin horvat reinhart) in a dynasty league where I won?t win next year. Points only, 1 for goal and 1 for assist... how would you rank them. Thank you thank you!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Drouin vs NugentHopkins vs Horvat vs sReinhart

next year:

Horvat
    Reinhart
    RNH
    Drouin

3yrs

Horvat
    Drouin
    Reinhart/RNH
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

This is an interesting list. I think RNH could have a huge year/couple of years if he sticks with McDavid and leon runs the 2nd line. They looked good together at the back end of the year and in the world's.

I'll go out on a limb and say RNH for the next 3 years followed by horvat, Drouin, and Reinhart.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

Drouin had a real tough year as the main offensive threat on a poor Montreal team all while playing a new C role. He ended up with a dismal S% and even strength S%. If those manage to bounce back and he gets some help, I can see him hitting the 70-75 range without too much trouble over an 82 game season. There's potential for more there too, but also some risk.

Nuge had a good year, with a slightly elevated S%. I would peg him at 60-65 over 82 games.

Horvat similarly had a good year, with slightly elevated S%'s. His PPP totals are a tad low, so I would expect those might offset. I would peg him at 65-70 over 82 games.

Reinhart had a slow start to the year but finished strong. His S% is on par with historic levels, but his even strength S% was way low. Given room for some additional development entering his 4th year and Buffalo's inevitable improvement (...right?) I would peg him at 65-75 over 82 games depending on his growth.

So for the purposes of ranking, I would probably go as follows:
    Drouin (highest potential, risk he settles in around 55-65)
    Reinhart (second highest potential, risk he settles in around 50-60)
    Horvat (low risk, 60-70 ish guy)
    Nuge (low risk, 60-70 ish guy, with injuries)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks! Nice write up. This is a tough one.

I could take OEL with the pick too... but my D is fairly strong.

Hopefully I get a few more opinions. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Drouin had a real tough year as the main offensive threat on a poor Montreal team all while playing a new C role. He ended up with a dismal S% and even strength S%. If those manage to bounce back and he gets some help, I can see him hitting the 70-75 range without too much trouble over an 82 game season. There's potential for more there too, but also some risk.

Nuge had a good year, with a slightly elevated S%. I would peg him at 60-65 over 82 games.

Horvat similarly had a good year, with slightly elevated S%'s. His PPP totals are a tad low, so I would expect those might offset. I would peg him at 65-70 over 82 games.

Reinhart had a slow start to the year but finished strong. His S% is on par with historic levels, but his even strength S% was way low. Given room for some additional development entering his 4th year and Buffalo's inevitable improvement (...right?) I would peg him at 65-75 over 82 games depending on his growth.

So for the purposes of ranking, I would probably go as follows:
    Drouin (highest potential, risk he settles in around 55-65)
    Reinhart (second highest potential, risk he settles in around 50-60)
    Horvat (low risk, 60-70 ish guy)
    Nuge (low risk, 60-70 ish guy, with injuries)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by VicGeneral View Post
    Thanks! Nice write up. This is a tough one.

I could take OEL with the pick too... but my D is fairly strong.

Hopefully I get a few more opinions. Thx.
    What are the positional requirements? They matter more when taking D into account vs all C you were discussing previously.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Sam Reinhart
    Bo Horvat
    Jon Drouin

RNH is going to play on the wing with Connor McDavid. He had 15 points in the 13 games he played there last year. He has the highest potential out of this group based on that alone.

The Great One

All I can say is that after covering Drouin in a recent cage match, I put very little stock in him amounting to much of anything fantasywise. Link is in my signature if you want to read the gory details for yourself.

As for the others, Reinhart and RNH could be situationally great, while Horvat will be hurt by having to be a Toews-like contributor which does not always translate well to fantasy. Personally I'd go with Reinhart because he's younger and perhaps less dependant on Eichel as RNH is on McDavid.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

3Goalies
    5Defensemen
    12Forwards (roughly kept)(20 players kept)

We ice 16F 3G 5D (with bench.. but that doesn't matter here really)

7 team dynasty keeper...

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    What are the positional requirements? They matter more when taking D into account vs all C you were discussing previously.

Dobber Sports Jedi

seems weird you would ice an extra 4 forwards beyond an NHL line up... but only 5 Dmen - in a 7 team league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I just want to chime in on Drouin...
    I've mentioned it in a couple threads, but unless he significantly changes his working habits or somehow manages to play with Tavares, I don't see him touching 70-75.
    Rick did a good job on that Cage Match to elaborate with numbers. I would add that Drouin doesn't pass the eye test of an elite player either, having watched him numerous times last season.
    He's got tools and he can be flashy, but he lacks determination and his plays often lead to nowhere at 5 on 5.
    He needs another elite player besides him to be able to create plays in tight and feed him the puck, otherwise he cannot generate offensive on his own.
    That being said, he'll get plenty of opportunities and PP1 ice time with the lack of talent on that roster so 60 is where I would place the bar.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nuge* if he stays on Mcdavid's wing , PPG player and they developed great chemistry once he returned from injury
    Horvat + Boeser was something special too bad injuries hindered the amount of times we seen them together. Plus add a guy like Pettersson could be a dominant line for years to come
    Reinhart - Really found his stride during the 2nd half , poised for a breakout. Even if ROR is traded he still has Eichel or Mittelstadt to play with
    Drouin - Dumpster fire team, solid player not sure if i can rank him ahead of those listed above though

Dobber Sports Legend

1. RNH gets a huge boost if slotted next to McDavid, making him the clear #1 here.
    2. Drouin - I have a weird hunch he is going to have a good bounce-back. In terms of raw gifts, he's the best of the bunch.
    3. Horvat - Probably a wash with Reinhart, but I'm not a Reinhart fan, so I'm choosing the other guy.
    4. Reinhart - Sure, might end up in a cozy spot, but I don't trust him. There's certain players I don't want to hitch my wagon to - Sammy is one of them.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1. Nugent-Hopkins - #1 for production & situation.

2/3 Horvat/Drouin - Drouin drops to 3/4 with Reinhart if he has to play center again, or the Habs don't find a good center to pair him with.

4. Reinhart - not a lot of trust in him, but he could surpass Drouin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.