Thread: a canucks trade proposal

Dobber Sports Novice

Default a canucks trade proposal

Vancouver needs some physicality on defence and they have room to take on a "bad" contract from a team that doesn't have too much cap space. Plus this opens up room for Joulevi so what do you think?
    To Chicago
    - D. Pouliot
    To Vancouver
    - C. Murphy
    Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: a canucks trade proposal

Why would Vancouver take on a bad contract just to get physical? If you are taking on a bad contract, you usually get back more then just the bad contract. There has to be some reward for taking that bad contract.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, Konecny, Vrana, NSchmaltz

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why would Vancouver take on a bad contract just to get physical? If you are taking on a bad contract, you usually get back more then just the bad contract. There has to be some reward for taking that bad contract.
    That is a good idea. Maybe Matt Iacopelli will get it done

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Hsh View Post
    That is a good idea. Maybe Matt Iacopelli will get it done

Not sure where that name came from as someone who would get it done but ok. I had to google who he was. Not sure a guy who's considered fringe prospect would tempt Vancouver to bring in Murphy for Pouliot.

Also, how does trading away Pouliot for Murphy open up a spot for Juolevi?

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, Konecny, Vrana, NSchmaltz

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not sure where that name came from as someone who would get it done but ok. I had to google who he was. Not sure a guy who's considered fringe prospect would tempt Vancouver to bring in Murphy for Pouliot.

Also, how does trading away Pouliot for Murphy open up a spot for Juolevi?
    Because it improves the weak right side for Vancouver and opens space on the stronger left side

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you're talking bad contract, why not look at acquiring Hossa's? He just retired and if I'm not mistaken, still owed a few years. He hasn't officially come out saying he is retired so could the Hawks not put him on LTIR and possibly make a deal to take on his 5+ million per year cap? Wouldn't it sort of be like the Horton/Clarkson deal?
    12 team lifetime pool. 19 skaters - No positional requirements / 3 goalies (2 count for points)
    Taxi Squad - players have 5 year protection then must be called up or dropped.
    Goals and Assists count for points. Goalies get 1.5 for a win / 4.5 pts for a SO and points for G/A.

Skaters:
    Panik, Jankowski, Bjork, Anisimov, Sheary, Eakin, Zetterberg, Wood, Athanasiou, Vesey, Bratt, Compher, Kaprizov, Brodie, Ekblad, Shattenkirk.

Goalies:
    Varlamov, Ward

Taxi:
    Ho-Sang, Dal Colle, Kamenev, Hawryluk, Demko, R. Thomas, Sprong, Kyrou, Liljegren.

- I'm no expert but I try really hard

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey can Vancouver take Seabrook as well?
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Kuzy Wenneberg Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Sobotka
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis MacAvoy
    R Dvorak Kase Schmaltz Anston-Reese Lindell Dahlin

G Crawford C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Thomas White Bjork Klostin Raddysh Senyshyn Tolvanen Kravtsov Ylonen Dobson Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Hey can Vancouver take Seabrook as well?
    They are trying to keep fans in the seats, not remove them.

Juolevi can earn a spot if he is good enough, they don’t need to make room. The D group is frankly pathetic and if Juolevi can’t break in then he’s not NHL ready.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    If you're talking bad contract, why not look at acquiring Hossa's? He just retired and if I'm not mistaken, still owed a few years. He hasn't officially come out saying he is retired so could the Hawks not put him on LTIR and possibly make a deal to take on his 5+ million per year cap? Wouldn't it sort of be like the Horton/Clarkson deal?
    Hossa will be put on LTIR which means his contract does not effect their cap. This also gets Chicago off of the hook for any penalties in case of early retirement, because they will just keep Hossa on the LTIR until his contract runs out (despite Hossa saying he's done with hockey, he won't officially retire and give up what he is owed).

His contract may also be insured, which means that Chicago wouldn't even have to pay the real money, but I don't know if that is the case or not.

Regardless, Chicago doesn't strike me as a team hurting for cash these days, so I don't think they have much of a reason to give up an asset so someone else can put Hossa on the LTIR.

The Horton/Clarkson deal was only made because CLB did not insure Horton's contract, and they had to pay him the full amount to not play. Therefore, with CLB being a team on more of a bduget, they contacted Toronto to swap for Clarkson, so at least they would be paying a player who was playing in their lineup. That Clarkson eventually found the LTIR himself was somewhat ironic, but I do not know if his contract was insured.
    https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Just because there is room for a bad contract it doesn't mean you actively seek one unless it somehow benefits your organization in a worthy way. This doesn't cut it for me.

I know the real motivation for this thread is the OP's obsession with body checks, not to mention the OP's obsession with Mason Raymond. It's very weird.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Because it improves the weak right side for Vancouver and opens space on the stronger left side
    both sides suck dog balls. I think Van is pleased with Pouliot's first year. he's their best PP Dman, he's not going anywhere. They need to trade for MORE D, not swap.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Dobber Sports Stud

They just traded for Pouliot? they need offence on the back end.

A few articles have been written with regards to taking on Hossa's contract. NO! to Seabrook!
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Vancouver needs some physicality on defence and they have room to take on a "bad" contract from a team that doesn't have too much cap space. Plus this opens up room for Joulevi so what do you think?
    To Chicago
    - D. Pouliot
    To Vancouver
    - C. Murphy
    Thoughts?

If you want a bad a contract and to get more physical, you can kill 2 birds with one stone by taking Cal Clutterbuck off the Islanders hands please.
    12 team H2H keeper league. Scoring: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked shots, PPP, SOG, GWG Goalie categories W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    Keep 13 players and 6 Farm players must be under 24 and played less then 100 NHL career games. If under 24 but played over 100 games they cannot stay on farm but do not have to be protected in off season.
    C: J.Spezza, R.Getzlaf , R.Rakell
    LW: [B]Jeff Carter[B], A. Lee, N. Ehlers O. Bjorkstrand
    RW: P.Kane, T.Seguin A. Radulov, P.Hornqvist, J. Pageau
    D: K.Letang, M.Giordano, R.Suter, M. Rielly R. Pulock
    G: C.Price, P.Rinne, F.Andersen

Farm: J.Gillies, I.Provorov, C.Keller, A.Nylander, N.Ritchie, S.Theodore

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Flan View Post
    If you want a bad a contract and to get more physical, you can kill 2 birds with one stone by taking Cal Clutterbuck off the Islanders hands please.
    Leafs would give them Matt Martin for a 6th.. someone's gotta protect golden boy Pettersson
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't mind the Canucks taking on bad contracts in the interim for picks/prospects. Were probably not ready to compete for another 2-3 years anyway. However as for the OP's statement, I see no reason to get "tougher", it's not even in the top 5 of needs in today's NHL. Also Canucks need to be betting on potential high upside players like Pouliot not trading them for plug and plays who have capped out.
    ESPN Keeper league (6) (14 team) A, G, Points, PPP, +/-, SOG, PIM, HITS, W, GAA, SV%

Centers: R.Getzlaf,, E.Malkin,
    Left Wingers: T.Hall
    Right Wingers: A.Ovechkin
    Defensemen: K.Letang
    Goalies: S.Bobrovsky

ESPN Keep (10) (10 team) A, G, PPP, SOG,PTS, PIM, HITS, W, GAA, SV%,SO

Center: Crosby, T.Seguin,S.Couturier
    LW: Forsberg,M. Pacioretty
    RW: P.Kessel, J.Voracek B.Boeser, M.Granlund
    D: P.Subban, D.Hamilton, M.Dumba
    G: D.Dubnyk, A.Raanta