Thread: Trade offer

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade offer

So now that we know who will pick where in the draft, I was wondering what your thoughts would be about an offer I was going to propose.

I'd offer the 2nd overall pick for the 3rd and 4th overall. I have very little when it comes to top prospects and just curious if you guys think this makes sense. He'd more than likely pick Svechnikov and Zadina which would leave me Dahlin and I'd probably pick Wahlstrom. Or, he picks Svechnikov and Dahlin which leaves me Zadina and whomever else I want. Would this be a good offer to make based on my lack of quality prospects?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Trade offer

Who picks 1st overall? Who do you think is going there?
    But you're basically giving up one of Svechnikov, Zadina or Dahlin
    to get two of ...
    Svechnikov, Zadina, Dahlin, Wahlstrom, and I would do that.
    Worst case, you lose out on (1) Svech, (2) Zadina, and end up with both Dahlin+Wahlstrom at 3 & 4.

The Great One

Yes, I'd do this. Because there are a clear top 3 (dahlin, svech and zadina)...so you get whoever is left over at number 3, and then a fantastic pick at 4. Given where your team is, two of these players are worth more than just 2nd overall, IMO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Do it draft whoever is left out of the top 3 and wahlstrom. Looking at your scoring G/A is your only category so go with the Kobe concept "Shooters shoot".
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys. Rep'd who I can. He turned it down. He has the 1st, 3rd and 4th and likes his chances. On to the next proposal. Thanks again.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

i agree...do the deal...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Thanks guys. Rep'd who I can. He turned it down. He has the 1st, 3rd and 4th and likes his chances. On to the next proposal. Thanks again.
    I am not surprised he turned it down to be honest. I am not sure the difference between Zadina and Svechnikov is big enough to lose the 4th overall as well. Did you try adding to your offer to see if he'd bite on that? I'd include the 2nd round pick if you have one of those.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not surprised he turned it down to be honest. I am not sure the difference between Zadina and Svechnikov is big enough to lose the 4th overall as well. Did you try adding to your offer to see if he'd bite on that? I'd include the 2nd round pick if you have one of those.
    I ran into a big problem of making bad deals in the past which hurt me the last two years. I traded away picks like candy and it's left me with one pick this year and one next. 2nd overall this year and probably 1st overall next year in 2019. He said he's firm on not trading it so I'll just have to move on. Even with my roster now, one of those top 3 will be a great addition and I guess I should just be happy with what I have. I've made a promise to consult here before making or taking any deals in the future so come 2020, when I finally have picks in all 5 rounds, I think things will start to get better.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Semi hijacking thread, but what about 2nd for 4th and 5th? Does missing out on top 3 swing it the other way?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    Semi hijacking thread, but what about 2nd for 4th and 5th? Does missing out on top 3 swing it the other way?
    if its multi cat league i woudl do it and draft Whalstrome and Tkachuk ....if its points only maybe you get a D with that 5th...either way i think its worth it.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

What about possibly offering the 2nd for Robert Thomas and the 9th overall pick? Big drop in drafting position but from what I've read about Thomas, he's pegged to be a stud. Thoughts?