Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: laine value

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: laine value

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    actually i'm a little bit dissapointed about puljujarvi i have not abandon on him but other in the same draft year have perform better then him
    i agree, but he is still young. if he cant put it together in 2-3 years then we can complain. For now i just treat him as slow development.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    actually my forward look like (turris, hischier, schenn, namesnikov, teravainen, konecny, wheeler, skinner, kreider, killorn, aho, burakovsky, voracek, atkinson, silfverberg and laine) and i have on my ahl (bonino, barre-boulet, spooner, gaunce, hudon, gusev, boedker, lehkonen, goldobin, greer, timashov, fasching, scherbak)
    Outside of Voracek, you don't have any massive contracts. In fact, with an absence of a true superstar, I would definitely keep Laine, here. As I said originally, if you had some combination of Eichel, McDavid, Karlsson, Matthews Seguin, Kucherov, Ovechkin, etc. on your team, then I might consider this trade.

As for Laine's value, it is very difficult to answer, without the full scope of your league. His value right now is tremendously high, and there likely won't be many, or any, players next season who have give you more bang for your buck. The question really comes into play once his new contract is signed. If he signs for $10,000,000, and you have cap issues next summer, then targeting a guy like Tarasenko, Stamkos, or Draisaitl would be worthwhile. You would be giving up the best player in the deal, but lowering you cap hit. Depending on the other teams and the collective mindset of owners in your league, those owners might not even consider taking on Laine's contract for any of those guys.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Well that varies across the board, depending on league, competition, scoring formula, etc.
    Generally speaking though, I am a Laine owner in my main league and he is an absolute untouchable for me unless McDavid is in play.
    But, IF I were to put him on the block, I would demand the following return:

1. A very good sniper (Forsberg, Rakell, etc.) since my league is goal bonused
    2. An elite prospect (Mittelstadt, Pettersson, etc.)
    3. A top 3 pick in the 2018 draft (aka, 1 of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina) If the GM didn't own one, they'd have to get their mitts on one first
    4. Another solid performer (position of my choice)
    5. An extra 1st rounder in 2019 so I have a second crack at Jack Hughes

Steep price? You bet. But if someone wants the premier goal scorer of the next decade, they are paying above sticker.
    I'm only even thinking of dealing Laine in a fantasy trade equivalent to the Eric Lindros deal between Philly and Quebec.
    This is crazy. This is more than you'd get for a 23 year old Ovechkin.

Laine is awesome but 99 times out of 100 he's not even remotely close to this valuable. I definitely agree that it varies from league-to-league, and appreciate how the "untouchable" designation and owner fandom drives pricetags up. But opening up negotiations with an offer like this is a great way to ensure you never get a deal done.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm in a non-salary, straight points, limited keeper league and I still value Laine incredibly highly even without the extra weighting for goals. 20yr old wingers with 60 goal, 90pt, generational sniper potential don't grow on trees.

I traded for him about a month into last season (gave up Jack Eichel and Corey Perry in the deal) and I was ecstatic to get him. Even if Eichel puts up similar or slightly better point totals over his career I still take the elite winger every time because they are so hard to replace. And should my league ever expand the cats to include things like shots, PP points and goal bonuses in the future I've got arguably the most valuable player in the league locked up.

I'm glad I pounced when I had the chance.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner