Thread: Prospect question

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Prospect question

in regards to Zadina , Tkachuk and Whalstrom are they all same caliber potential (leauge in sig) ... I have 4th over all and am being asked to trade to 5th... So i want to see if losing out on zadina or tkachuk is a big drop off...
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Prospect question

Might want to check out the latest DobberProspects article comparing Tkachuk and Whalstrom.

Personally I would go Whalstrom of the two, but for a return, I would be pretty content dropping to fifth and having the decision made for me.

What kind of trade is this a part of?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Nice , thanks for that... he wasked what it would take , was going to do my 4th + J.Coreau + Jarnkrok for his 5th + M.Subban + J.Manson ... need to add some muscle and solid D to my back end... Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    Nice , thanks for that... he wasked what it would take , was going to do my 4th + J.Coreau + Jarnkrok for his 5th + M.Subban + J.Manson ... need to add some muscle and solid D to my back end... Thoughts?
    The thought of you losing Coreau is no big deal. Being a Detroit native and and die hard wings fan, he's nothing but a career back up at best. Will be one of those goalies who bounces from NHL to AHL and probably is out a job in NA sooner rather than later. Jarnkrok meh, not a big deal to lose him either. On a stacked Preds team I dont see him being anything special.

As to what you receive, I like Manson, read a lot that he could could have a bigger role with the Quackers sooner than later. Rumors was they may try to trade Montour to get some scoring help up front. Speculation obviously but the rumors stated someone had to go and with him being moved Manson would have a bigger role. I was a M. Subban fan when he filled in for MAF, but as long as MAF plays like he has he will have a job in Vegas for a long time. He hasn't shown any signs of age to me, so Subban will be a backup as long as he's in Vegas. Kind of like he was behind Rask in Boston. I think he's one of those unlucky guys who has starter potential but wont ever become one.

So in my eyes it basically comes down to Dropping from 4th to 5th and adding Manson. Is that worth it? I honestly wouldn't be super excited to pull the trigger.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd do the trade. with hits and blocks etc I think it's a smart move I still have no clue why I'd help you though. You're probably sitting in your hammock typing this you better give me rep!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I'd do the trade. with hits and blocks etc I think it's a smart move I still have no clue why I'd help you though. You're probably sitting in your hammock typing this you better give me rep!
    Hahaha... there ya are

Dobber Sports Titan

If you were to propose Coreau/Jarnkrok for MSubban/Manson without the picks involved, it's not too far off. I would need a little more if he's pushing to move up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Your fantasy league gives points for muscles??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

In what league that includes "muscle" categories would someone trade Jarnkrok for Manson and a downgrade in net? Manson had more points than Jarnkrok last season and he plays defense.

I don't think there is any value at in moving up from 4 to 5 so if you can get Manson for Jarnkrok to do so, it's a big win for you.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Considering your goalie situation, and my reply in your other thread, I like that deal. I'd try and move a goalie in a less good situation rather than Coreau, if you can, but this is an upgrade in net. If Manson slides in to your lineup on D, you could also try sending out a defenseman. Note that the OP has a league where missing minimum goalie starts per week too often can result in loss of draft picks - so backups to guys who get hurt are useful.

What other goalies does he have?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

There's a big drop-off after the top three (Svechnikov, Dahlin, Zadina), and then you have about 5 guys who could end up being the 4th best fantasy player from this draft class depending on league settings. I like Wahlstrom's offensive potential more than Tkachuk's. Wahlstrom will provide more goals and SOG whereas Tkachuk will provide more hits and PIM. That's how I see it.

Dobber Sports Legend

in regards to Zadina , Tkachuk and Whalstrom are they all same caliber potential (leauge in sig) ... I have 4th over all and am being asked to trade to 5th... So i want to see if losing out on zadina or tkachuk is a big drop off...
    If you're dropping from 4 to 5, you're likely ending up with Wahlstrom or Tkachuk either way. Most likely, Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina go 1, 2, 3.
    Wahlstrom will give you nice G, Pts, Sog, etc. Tkachuk will give you nice G (not as much as OW), Pim, Hits, etc.

I think Wahlstrom and Tkachuk both have real nice upside, depending on the situation they are walking into, etc.
    You could always go off the board at 5 and pick the the 2nd best D available, if they end up in a great spot.
    Say something drastic happens on draft day - teams start drafting for need - and a Hughes or Boqvist fall to the Oil. That's a fantasy game-changer for people drafting in the 4-6 slots.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Looking at your W, I'd rather have Wahlstrom over Tkachuk unless he overpays I stay at 4.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill