Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Value of Eichel vs Kucherov in a Cap League

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Value of Eichel vs Kucherov in a Cap League

I'm a contender for 1st place every year and I now have Eichel on my squad.

I'm juggling with the idea of trading him to make some cap room.

I received an offer of Eichel + Brannstrom for Kucherov (corrected) . I'm not going to accept.

How do you see Eichel's value compare to Kucherov's ?

Is there a KHL risk after his contract expires ? Negociations didn't go very well the last time around.

Would a Kucherov + Mittlesttadt vs Eichel to much or too little ?

looking for advice...

Thanks
    Last edited by Clinkers; June 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Value of Eichel vs Kucherov in a Cap League

$4.8M Kucherov vs $10M Eichel is an easy choice. Kucherov gets a big raise but take the deal and win your league next season.

There's no KHL risk. None.

Dobber Sports Titan

This year it's a massive win for you. Next year with Kuch's new contract I would bet it's still a big win for you. I think Kuch's new deal ends up around Eichel's 10M mark.
    I would not be worried at all about the KHL factor.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You're crazy not to take Kucherov straight up for Eichel, let alone Kucherov+. Unless there's some angle to your league that's not in your sig?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Kuch + ... bye bye Eichel
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Points only, pull the trigger here. I do think that Kucherov gets a massive raise at the end of next year when his current deal expires, but I still don't think he gets $10M like Eichel is getting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

i own eichel in non cap league and i woudl hit accept right away for 1vs1 swap
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i own eichel in non cap league and i woudl hit accept right away for 1vs1 swap
    Knew I wasn't crazy

Dobber Sports Ace

+1 for me to accept right away kuch vs eichel in a salary league
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    Knew I wasn't crazy
    well you said you will not accept Kucherov + and in the cap league which benefits Kucherov more..so i would say you are crazy
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

Close to me. I expect Kuch to make at least as much as Eichel with his next contract and probably more assuming he maintains his current level of production (90+ points). But to compare them fairly, I think you have to compare them at the same age. At 18, Eichel scored 56 points in the NHL, and Kuch was still playing in the Q. Not to mention, if Buffalo can surround Eichel with the type of supporting cast (and they are arguably already coming in this regard) that Kuch has, his numbers should go up. Overall, I like Kucherov short term and Eichel long term.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    I received an offer of Eichel for Kucherov + Brannstrom. I'm not going to accept.

How do you see Eichel's value compare to Kucherov's ?

Would a Kucherov + Mittlesttadt vs Eichel to much or too little ?
    In points only Kucherov is worth more than Eichel.
    Cap leagues makes the gap wider in Kucherov's favor.
    Kucherov + Mittelstadt is way too much.

I do the the deal straight up, getting a propsect thrown in is a bonus.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoDoughty View Post
    Close to me. I expect Kuch to make at least as much as Eichel with his next contract and probably more assuming he maintains his current level of production (90+ points). But to compare them fairly, I think you have to compare them at the same age. At 18, Eichel scored 56 points in the NHL, and Kuch was still playing in the Q. Not to mention, if Buffalo can surround Eichel with the type of supporting cast (and they are arguably already coming in this regard) that Kuch has, his numbers should go up. Overall, I like Kucherov short term and Eichel long term.
    So you think Eichel will score 200 points per season? Players develop at different pace, that doesn't mean the guys who mature earlier are absolutely going to end up being better. Eichel's ceiling is a bit higher than Kucherov's but the difference isn't probably more than 5-10 points - and there's definitely risk that Eichel never reaches his ceiling. The cap savings and the benefit Kucherov gives right now are worth more than potentially gaining 5-10 points in a few years IMO.

I don't see Kucherov getting more than Stamkos got. I think Yzerman set his precedence with Stamkos and wants to use the same tactic Red Wings used when they had Lidstrom - 'this is how much he's making, why exactly do you think you deserve to be paid more than him?' The low tax rates obviously also help Tampa.

Dobber Sports Legend

Eichel for Kucherov+ is a no-brainer.
    Take the 5.5 mil you're saving and use it on a player for "this year" that perhaps another team is dumping to get under the cap.
    I think Kucherov will give Tampa a nice hometown discount to be part of the fixture long-term.
    Don't forget, there are major tax benefits and perks with signing in Tampa - travel, climate and way of life among them.
    Making $8.85 million in Tampa is like making over $10.5 mil in some other places.
    Then you factor in being part of an annual contender, etc. Yeah, barring a disaster Kucherov stays in Tampa and signs for less than 10 a pop.

As for the KHL - there is no risk with a player like Kucherov.
    If worst came to worst, the Bolts would trade him to an NHL team for great assets, who would then sign him to a 7 year / $75 mil deal.
    He's not leaving the NHL at 25.

Make this trade before the other person sobers up.
    I love Eichel but Kucherov is one of the few people on the planet who could legit battle McDavid for an Art Ross.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So you think Eichel will score 200 points per season? Players develop at different pace, that doesn't mean the guys who mature earlier are absolutely going to end up being better. Eichel's ceiling is a bit higher than Kucherov's but the difference isn't probably more than 5-10 points - and there's definitely risk that Eichel never reaches his ceiling. The cap savings and the benefit Kucherov gives right now are worth more than potentially gaining 5-10 points in a few years IMO.

I don't see Kucherov getting more than Stamkos got. I think Yzerman set his precedence with Stamkos and wants to use the same tactic Red Wings used when they had Lidstrom - 'this is how much he's making, why exactly do you think you deserve to be paid more than him?' The low tax rates obviously also help Tampa.
    I do think Eichel will be better, sooner, and for longer. I guess everyone can assume on their own what that might translate into and what it's worth to them, but it's worth it to me in the long term.

As for the contract, who know's what he'll get, but everybody in this thread does know he deserves more than Eichel. If you're all in for next year, do the trade, take the cap relief, and worry about the future later. But, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Kuch get's 12+ mil a year after next season.