Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Value of Eichel vs Kucherov in a Cap League

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Value of Eichel vs Kucherov in a Cap League

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've read/heard reports that Kucherov and his agent are looking for a huge pay day on the next contract. Kucherov left a lot of money on the table the last contract, because he knew the team had more leverage than him. This time around, he is the party with all the leverage and he wants to get paid. Kuznetsov's massive contract won't help matters.

I don't think there is any chance Kucherov goes to Russian, but I believe he fully expects to get paid what he is worth, and with the cap going up (due to the Vegas success, etc.), and Tampa having a little more payroll flexibility, I think Kucherov will get paid easily $10-$12 a year.
    Oh I wasn't saying there's a chance he goes to Russia, quite the opposite. If there was a chance, he would have done it already.

That said, his current contract came out of left field, he probably pissed his agent off to no end.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kuch bet on himself and pulled off a textbook bridge deal. I'm surprised more players don't go the bridge route to be honest.

As for the Eichel/Kuch deal discussed above, I would have taken Kuch too. Not only has he already been to 100pts but he's also a winger and there can be extra value in that in leagues where positions matter. Eichel has 100pt talent but has yet to prove he can stay healthy enough to even hit 70.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Part 2 of this Eichel thread:

Another GM seems to have interest in Eichel and I have to shed salary big time in order to get under the cap.

Here are some pieces from his team : Sebastian Aho (F), Sam Reinhart, Jesse Puljujarvi, Kailer Yamamoto, Henrik Borgstrom, Sam Bennett, Robby Fabbri, Nikita Scherbak,
    Jordan Greenway, Conor Sheary. He also has a top 5 pick in upcoming draft (2018 draft class).

What would you say is a good return ? Thanks for your advice.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post

Another GM seems to have interest in Eichel and I have to shed salary big time in order to get under the cap.

Here are some pieces from his team : Sebastian Aho (F), Sam Reinhart, Jesse Puljujarvi, Kailer Yamamoto, Henrik Borgstrom, Sam Bennett, Robby Fabbri, Nikita Scherbak,
    Jordan Greenway, Conor Sheary. He also has a top 5 pick in upcoming draft (2018 draft class).

Why would you want any of that when you can get Kucherov? If you have to, trade Kucherov next year if you can't afford him then.

Dobber Sports Titan

Four Sebastian Ahos and two Yamamotos.

Maybe a combo of Aho, Pulj, Yamamoto and Borgstrom gets it done. Tough to say though without having a better feel for your team and the league.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd shop Eichel, and hope you can get Kucherov straight up for him. If not you revisit trading him for a bunch of prospects.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Why would you want any of that when you can get Kucherov? If you have to, trade Kucherov next year if you can't afford him then.
    it is the league in my signature:

Dynasty 20 Teams Salary Cap League. Points only. 8F/4D/1G Pts carry over in trades
    F:Ovechkin/Eichel/B.Schenn/E.Lindholm/Toffoli/Getzlaf/E.Haula/M.Stone/Kaprizov/Gusev D:Karlsson/Burns/Shattenkirk/Sergachev/Montour/Heiskanen/Brannstrom
    G:HelleBuyck/Rittich (Win=2Pts SO=2pts OTL=1pt)

The Great One

I don't like any of the players on that team enough to give up Eichel.

As I mentioned the last time this came up, I do like Eichel over Kucherov, if cap space isn't an issue. Unfortunately for you (and for the team in my sig), cap space is a major issue. Eichel for Kucherov seems like a no-brainer for you. Perhaps it is too late now, though.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, the deal was Eichel + Brannstrom for Kucherov and I'm not doing it. Call me crazy, but young D have a huge value in this league.

I'm exploring other options and that's why I brought up that other team in the mix to see. I agree that in a perfect world, I would keep Eichel but his 10m is quite a lot and he's the forward I have that has the most value for a trade at the moment.

Something like Sebastian Aho, Yamamoto and a top 3-5 pick this draft is not enough ?

The Great One

Something like Sebastian Aho, Yamamoto and a top 3-5 pick this draft is not enough ?
    That isn't even something I'd remotely consider.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Yeah, the deal was Eichel for Kucherov + Brannstrom and I'm not doing it. Call me crazy, but young D have a huge value in this league.

I'm exploring other options and that's why I brought up that other team in the mix to see. I agree that in a perfect world, I would keep Eichel but his 10m is quite a lot and he's the forward I have that has the most value for a trade at the moment.

Do you mean Eichel & Brannstrom for Kucherov? Because the way you wrote it you'd be getting Brannstrom & Kucherov which is a crazy (you gave me permission to say it) offer to pass up.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Made the correction I’d have to give Brannstrom and Eichel..

Made the correction I’d have to give Brannstrom and Eichel..
    Ah, that probably would change the whole first 2 pages of the thread. Yeah, I can see not wanting to do that, but if you're in a cap crunch, it might still be a good move.