Thread: Goldy/Vlad Jr for Trout?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Goldy/Vlad Jr for Trout?

Dynasty league... I'm in rebuild mode - I have Trout

I asked on the price of Goldy to his owner.. He said he wants Trout lol

He has Vlad Jr... I haven't proposed anything yet....

What do you think?

For reference:
    We start three OFs and my current guys are: Trout, Cespedes, McCutchen, Markakis, E. Jimenez, J. Soto
    We start one 3B and I have: Shaw and Senzel

Cheers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Goldy/Vlad Jr for Trout?

My thoughts are that for Trout I would be looking for someone along the lines of Arenado and Vlad Jr. Goldy is great, but he's also 30, and Trout is the better player in his mid-20s.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    My thoughts are that for Trout I would be looking for someone along the lines of Arenado and Vlad Jr. Goldy is great, but he's also 30, and Trout is the better player in his mid-20s.
    I hear ya... Problem with Arenado (I realize just an example), is he's a thirdbaseman... if I got Vlad too, I would have four of them (Shaw, Senzel)...

My current 1B is Matt Adams... I don't really have anything in the pipe to shore up that position...

Also, Goldy, although 30, should be good for several more years... I'm a believer in his raw hitting skills... Plus 1Bman age better typically..

Its also a bit of a buy low on him... hence why I inquired... however, giving up Trout isn't really buying low, is it...lol

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm on board with your thought train. Goldy would be a great acquisition, giving up Trout just isn't the way to do it though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Goldschmidt's biggest bonus is his 20SB/yr as a 1B. You know that won't keep up and he'll turn into a 30HR, 100RBI guy. As that's very good, he turns in from elite, to an Abreu level guy.

If you're rebuilding, I don't get why you'd trade Trout for Goldy +. Go after someone else. I'd go Arenado and then deal with Shaw in another trade.

Or Mookie, Lindor, Judge, Freeman, Harper, or Pham even.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

One question you need to ask. Are you willing to wait until possibly 2020 to get any sort of return out of Vlady Jr.? I get he's batting .400 at AA, but there's discussion about giving him the Bryant treatment and keeping him down, even if he kills AAA the 2nd half of this year. He could get called up to the Jays this season, but it's really a 50-50 discussion right now on what level he'll be at this time next year or all of next season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    One question you need to ask. Are you willing to wait until possibly 2020 to get any sort of return out of Vlady Jr.? I get he's batting .400 at AA, but there's discussion about giving him the Bryant treatment and keeping him down, even if he kills AAA the 2nd half of this year. He could get called up to the Jays this season, but it's really a 50-50 discussion right now on what level he'll be at this time next year or all of next season
    Yeah Pitchers make the jump from AA to MLB because AAA is where your "Joe Biagini's" are (6/7th starter, or vets), and your pitching prospects who throw nasty curves/sliders/FB sit in AA. Batters should destroy AA against hard to hit pitches, but move to AAA to go against vets who will pitch against you with their brain.

Also sounds like the Jays want Vlad to hit some adversity somewhere in the minors and make him learn to work through a slump before he slumps in the MLB. So the next step of AAA would make sense. I thought it might happen yesterday (move to AAA) as the Buffalo Bisons were going to say some big news, turns out the big news was they're going to play a series in June under the name "Buffalo Wings" and sell apparel with the logo as a Chicken Wing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would not do this deal. Even if you get an arenado and Vlad jr for Trout you’re worried about a logjam. You can deal arenado for an elite player at another position. I love the idea to get Vlad to go with Eloy and Soto. Also as players get into their 30s they’ll swipe less.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would not do the original deal either.

Dobber Sports Deity

Does your league have a minors or do you have to use a roster spot on Vlady?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No minors but I've already thrown away this season, so my bench might as well be my minor league roster

Vlad may or may not come up this year, but imo he'll be in the show next year

I don't even know if the Goldy/Vlad owner would do it... But I guess Trout is the biggest carrot of them all...

Maybe I command more?

As I mentioned, I don't have any firstbase depth or promise ... Goldshmidt, although going into his 30s, should still be elite for 5 yrs...

Dobber Sports Immortal

I just think....as great as Vlad looks.....he still hasn't proven a thing in the bigs. So I would need more than Goldie coming back.