Thread: Need to promote active bodies!!! Who sticks?

The Great One

Default Need to promote active bodies!!! Who sticks?

I need to clear out cap (will be addressing in a different thread very shortly)- but in the interim I need to know if any of the following guys have a legit chance of sticking on the big club as replacements:

Tippett- Pretty sure hes up by next year right? I know Borgstrom leapfrogged him but Im still assuming hes got at least sheltered minutes? At the bottom of a very deep roster 15-20 goals, reasonable sogs, and a shot at 40 points wont be ideal but it plays.

Tuch- Hes up now right? Im cautiously optimistic he gets a bigger role if/when one of Neal/Perron departs. looked dominant for stretches this post-season.

Eriksson-EK- Im sure hes up again- but is he even playable in fantasy?? Such high hopes and he fell waaaaay short. I dont even see a boatload of opportunities opening up for him in Minny either...

Ho-Sang- Ok I get it- this ones virtually impossible to predict. I know its a miniscule sample size but hes rockin 0.5 ppg as an NHLer. Does he at least have a spot sewn up? I know theres lots of competition for those rookie slots in Brooklyn.

Heed- Im woefuilly short on D. His points werent horrible from the blueline (and his AHL numners were stupendous!). Did he finish the year on the big club? Is he full time next year?

Rutta- Like I said- brutally short on D. 30 point pace last year. In a pinch a 30 point Dman at the bottom of your roster is fine. Any upside from there? Is 30 even repeatable??

Saros- Lol- ok- no ones got a crystal ball for this. Would love to hear some opinions- maybe this one desserves its own thread ;P

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Need to promote active bodies!!! Who sticks?

I think the only ones who I am confident in that will be full time NHL players next year is Saros, Tuch and Rutta. The others all have a "chance" of playing the full season in the NHL but I wouldn't bet my 1st born on it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think the only ones who I am confident in that will be full time NHL players next year is Saros, Tuch and Rutta. The others all have a "chance" of playing the full season in the NHL but I wouldn't bet my 1st born on it.
    I agree with Saros, Tuch and Rutta. I think Eriksson Ek stays up as well.

Tippett will likely start the season in the NHL but then it's up to him after that - he could be sent back to junior before game #10 if he doesn't impress by that point.

Ho-Sang and Heed are unlikely to play a full season in the NHL but could split the season between the two leagues.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yup, I agree with the main 4 - Saros, Tuch, Rutta were all up for the entirety of the season. EE should get a solid full year as well. I'm 70% on Ho Sang playing the full year. Heed's close, but I wouldn't be surprised if he yo-yo's the first half.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Saros & Tuch are 100% full-time NHL players at this point, excluding injury conditioning stints or something. There's a thread or two on Nashville goaltending already, if you want to check it out. Cutting either of these guys would be unwise, at best.

I'm not super familiar with Rutta, but he seems to pretty much be guaranteed a job full-time next year as well.

Ho-Sang & Eriksson-Ek: names plit by a hyphen are likely to split time, but things could open up with player movement, as well as front office change. Minnesota changed GM's, and the Isles need to do so.

Heed didn't play a lot anywhere, and was sort of a yo-yoing spare defenseman. There are teams that could really use him, especially those lacking a PPQB. His value likely jumps if he gets moved, but I'm unsure how likely that is.

Tippett I frankly don't know that much about, and will defer to the knowledge of others.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

To add my two cents I agree with the others on the locks. I believe Ho-sang should be added to the locks as well. With changing of the guard and his prior NHL play I think he sticks next year.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    You should just have one big ongoing thread with all of your concerns rather than dozens each day. Kinda floods the forum if you ask me. I think one time last season there was 10 threads from you in each section. Gets to a point where it seems like you're just spamming for attention.
    Do you feel like responses in a forum equates "attention"? I dont. Thats kind of sad really. I posted two on this day. I go many days without posting any. Ive been on this site 10+ years and have an exponentially smaller post count than people here half that time. Maybe grab a coffee or a prozzack bud...