Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer is out

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer is out

I am a huge Queen fan and have seen pretty much all of the docu-series on them. I am still looking forward to this movie. I can't wait to read the reviews from guys like Brian May or Roger Taylor on the movie as well. Curious to see what they have to see on the accuracy.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer is out

I didn't know about this. Looking forward to it.

The best tribute concert ever had to be the one for Freddie Mercury back in 1992. Man, 1992. Watched it live on TV and it was truly amazing.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looks pretty solid.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I didn't know about this. Looking forward to it.

The best tribute concert ever had to be the one for Freddie Mercury back in 1992. Man, 1992. Watched it live on TV and it was truly amazing.
    Ya I remember that one too. Great concert.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

My older siblings were teenagers in the mid-late 70's and I was 7-12 ish . They both introduced me to so many cool bands that kinda shaped my musical tastes to this day .

I remember the day my sister brought home the Queen album ''news of the world'' that had that scary looking robotic giant with the green background color

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    My older siblings were teenagers in the mid-late 70's and I was 7-12 ish . They both introduced me to so many cool bands that kinda shaped my musical tastes to this day .

I remember the day my sister brought home the Queen album ''news of the world'' that had that scary looking robotic giant with the green background color
    Thats actually one of my favorite Queen albums. I have that record at home myself.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thats actually one of my favorite Queen albums. I have that record at home myself.
    heh , after my post I looked for it on youtube and gave it a listen

The Magnificent One

I get past wondering "what if" had Sasha Baron Cohen stayed on as lead. Also, the rest of the bandmates apparently insisted on taking out a lot of the reality of the story to make it a feel good romp, hence Cohen being dropped and the long delay in getting this made.

It's a shame too - Freddie was hands down the all-around rock frontman of all time, IMO. There will never be another like him.

At least this is an excuse to fire up some Queen - I think I'll go with a couple of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVpk0qxmfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkHF_JMnB8o
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll give you one of my favorites. Spread Your Wings, written by John Deacon (probably one of the most underrated song writers of his time as he was normally overshadowed by May and Mercury), was from their New Of The World album. Those glasses!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am a huge Queen fan and have seen pretty much all of the docu-series on them. I am still looking forward to this movie. I can't wait to read the reviews from guys like Brian May or Roger Taylor on the movie as well. Curious to see what they have to see on the accuracy.

I am also a big fan of Freddie.'Bohemian Rhapsody' is an affection letter fixed by the sheer extent of Queen's effect on history, highlighting all the great hits for hardcore fans like us and an investigate the band's introduction to the world, development. Last night I watch this movie online on {mod removed link}. One of the best movies I have seen on the music legends and now I am waiting for Jackson biography.
    Last edited by horrorfan; January 21, 2019 at 7:00 AM. Reason: mod edit - removed link

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hi there. Who really likes this movie?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    Hi there. Who really likes this movie?
    I watched it yesterday and I thought it was just ok. Not a huge Queen fan so the changes in story didn't bother me. Just thought a few parts were pretty corny.

Dobber Sports Star

I thought it was terrible.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I enjoyed it. I was at a hotel and my wife and I watched it at around 11:30 pm and didn't fall asleep. I grew up with Queen but became a fan of there's in the late 80's.

I am looking forward to the Elton John biopic. I also heard today that there will be an Elvis Presley biopic as well and Tom Hanks may be playing his manager.

Dobber Sports Deity

One of my favorite movies without doubt, but then again, I love movies based on true stories. It helps that I am a huge Queen fan. Happy to see the recognition given during all the award shows.