Thread: Offered Tatar for Compher

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Offered Tatar for Compher

Gents, a fellow GM just offered me Tatar for Compher straight up. Should I take that deal?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Offered Tatar for Compher

Unless this is a cap league, I'd want Tatar for sure.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I just don't know if I can get behind ever owning Tatar again. The Tatar owner sees upside in Compher, which is why he's offering the deal. With the state of your roster, I'd rather keep Compher & see what he becomes rather than take on a 45pt disappointment.

it's a pass for me, I'm Tatared out
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd make that deal. I don't see Compher having much for upside. He's going to be a solid 3rd liner but nothing more than that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Yes, I would make this trade.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't love tatar but seems this is still an improvement fantasy wise.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I owned Tatar for years in dynasty, and dropped him late last season. With your roster, I'd make the deal, and look to see where Tatar lands on Vegas next year. He's likely to produce enough at some point that he'd net you more than Compher in return, I think. I think he could end up in a top 6 role, they gave up a lot to get him. Of course, the Shipachov fiasco has had me questioning the GM's decision making there, but they do has some free agents coming up who may be gone opening up space.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I don't love tatar but seems this is still an improvement fantasy wise.
    this
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Taking a gander at the cap situation for the Golden Knights shows Tatar is going to get a prime time opportunity for Vegas next season. After the treasure they paid for him and that Karlsson, Neal, Perron look to be ticketed out of town...

Will he rise to the challenge ? I think thats the question on most of our minds but the numbers and depth charts clearly show TT is going to get top 6 ice time as well as ample ice time on the PP.

I think Tatar qualifies as a buy low candidate and I am hoping he slides big time next season.

I would take that deal and bank on Tatar continuing his NHL career in Las Vegas.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Taking a gander at the cap situation for the Golden Knights shows Tatar is going to get a prime time opportunity for Vegas next season. After the treasure they paid for him and that Karlsson, Neal, Perron look to be ticketed out of town...

Will he rise to the challenge ? I think thats the question on most of our minds but the numbers and depth charts clearly show TT is going to get top 6 ice time as well as ample ice time on the PP.

I think Tatar qualifies as a buy low candidate and I am hoping he slides big time next season.

I would take that deal and bank on Tatar continuing his NHL career in Las Vegas.
    I think you may have your Karlssons confused. Vegas has $15 million in cap room opening up from well past prime veterans, buried contracts, and guys who are hurt. I didn't even include Neal's or Perron's money in there. I think one of thsoe 2 may also return. Karlssson may leave, but it won't be because Vegas can't afford him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.