Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2018 draft - How will it go?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2018 draft - How will it go?

If Dobson is the guy they like then draft him at 4. If they feel they can get him later in the draft, they must also feel there are others who are better so why not draft those guys instead? You draft the BPA. If they feel Dobson is the BPA at that point then draft him at that point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

You people are killing me on Brady Tkachuk
    50 point upside? Tom Wilson comp?!
    This thread will be bumped

The Great One

I'm comping Tom Wilson's intangibles, not his scoring. Tom Wilson is not a 50 point player.

And the point projections are from Pronman and others...so bump this tread as many times as you want

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    You people are killing me on Brady Tkachuk
    50 point upside? Tom Wilson comp?!
    This thread will be bumped
    Too bad you weren't walking with Keith again tonight... 'so I was reading online...'
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Too bad you weren't walking with Keith again tonight... 'so I was reading online...'
    Keith probably loves Tom Wilson lol.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Highly recommended article related to some of the discussion here: Prospect Ramblings: Brady Tkachuk vs Oliver Wahlstrom by Cam Robinson

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Highly recommended article related to some of the discussion here: Prospect Ramblings: Brady Tkachuk vs Oliver Wahlstrom by Cam Robinson
    And this is who Ott should take as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    And this is who Ott should take as well
    disagree. I don't see any scenario where tkachuk is drafted below wahlstrom.

there is also no debate who is more NHL ready

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    there is also no debate who is more NHL ready
    That's the fun thing about it all though. We don't know how it's all going to play out, and maybe Wahlstrom goes on to be the best forward in the draft, or maybe he flops.
    I see Wahlstrom having the higher upside on F, so depending on what direction Ottawa wants to take, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take any of Hughes, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, or Tkackuk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That's the fun thing about it all though. We don't know how it's all going to play out, and maybe Wahlstrom goes on to be the best forward in the draft, or maybe he flops.
    I see Wahlstrom having the higher upside on F, so depending on what direction Ottawa wants to take, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them take any of Hughes, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, or Tkackuk.
    Ottawa wants the best player for next year, to cover up / minimize the disaster Duchene trade. They have no long-term plan or vision beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Ottawa wants the best player for next year, to cover up / minimize the disaster Duchene trade. They have no long-term plan or vision beyond that.
    That?s not true....They?re building for the future and present. Nobody they take is going to make a big impact on their record next year if they even play in the nhl . The duchene trade is already looking good compared to who he replaced and it won?t be a top pick or anything like that that they gave up. Sens are building their core around karlsson duchene stone and Chabot

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Ottawa wants the best outcome for next year because the Avs have their unprotected 1st rounder.
    If they stink, end up a lottery team, and win the lottery, they just gifted the Avs Jack freaking Hughes!
    Could you imagine if Hughes ends up as great as Patrick Kane / Auston Matthews and the Sens ended up giving him, Girard, etc. to Colorado for Matt Duchene?!

The Sens absolutely need to be competitive next year. Not sure how they're planning to do that if Karlsson insists on walking, unless they deal him flat-out to the Avs for their unprotected 1st back and something else.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Ottawa wants the best outcome for next year because the Avs have their unprotected 1st rounder.
    If they stink, end up a lottery team, and win the lottery, they just gifted the Avs Jack freaking Hughes!
    Could you imagine if Hughes ends up as great as Patrick Kane / Auston Matthews and the Sens ended up giving him, Girard, etc. to Colorado for Matt Duchene?!

The Sens absolutely need to be competitive next year. Not sure how they're planning to do that if Karlsson insists on walking, unless they deal him flat-out to the Avs for their unprotected 1st back and something else.
    I have a feeling they may end up giving the 4th overall pick to Colorado assuming they're trading Karlsson. It's a tough pill to swallow but better than losing out on Jack Hughes. Give away the pick now, start your rebuild now, finish last in the league. That's probably their best bet assuming Karlsson is out the door (and I think he is).

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I have a feeling they may end up giving the 4th overall pick to Colorado assuming they're trading Karlsson. It's a tough pill to swallow but better than losing out on Jack Hughes. Give away the pick now, start your rebuild now, finish last in the league. That's probably their best bet assuming Karlsson is out the door (and I think he is).
    That's exactly what I would do - and you - which is why we should be running the Sens lol.

On lottery night they said they are 99.5% certain they are keeping the 4th overall. Could be posturing, who knows. But if they end up losing out on Jack Hughes for Oliver Wahlstrom or Even Bouchard, they will never hear the end of it. Of course it seems like the owner is making the big picture decisions there anyway.

The only other thing they could do is shift their asking price for Karlsson to include "win now" players as opposed to prospects, kids and futures.
    An example would be trading Karlsson to Colorado for Barrie, Kerfoot and something else ... or just conceding defeat and trading them Karlsson for something and their unprotected 1st back.
    Then, take Zadina, Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, Hughes or Bouchard at 4, add what you can from the Avs for Karlsson, stink up the joint and hope you win Jack Hughes in 19.

I actually think the Avs could be a player for Karlsson, assuming he is open to possibly extending with them. They have a great core in MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog (a friend of EK's), Jost, etc.
    Plus I'm sure they'd pull out the stops and call in a favor to Forsberg to help sell him on how good the area, fans, organization are.

If the Avs added Karlsson without giving up significant roster pieces, they could take the next step and be one of the most exciting teams in the league.